Chapter 1:

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
― Martin Luther King  

Ines POV

There is an absence of light that forbids my lungs to breathe. I am running....running into which I do not know to whom I am running from. Eventually, I saw a guy from a distance turning his back away from me, feeling weak in his presence in the most comforting way.

As I began to walk towards him, It seems I'm not moving near him but instead, I'm falling. I stretched my arms to him but I cannot grab it until I.....

"Ouch!" Was all I could say as I have awakened by the pain I felt when my face planted on the floor.

As the same routine goes, I wake up 30 mins before my class. Maybe because my school is just a 5 min walk from this 'so-called' famous female dorm where boys would wait to see college girls step out of the dorm and make their way to school wearing their OOTDs, since wearing uniforms are not a thing now in school after the students rallied a few months ago.

I ran my ass out around my room to get myself ready, brushed my teeth while combing my brown messy hair. I think it's a skill doing these things at the same time, I think.

"Hey Ines, you ready?" Daniel yelled outside my door. Daniel is one of my closest friends since I entered Santa Fe University. His hazel brown eyes were as bright as the sun today. He smelled good too. No wonder why these girls would get mad at me for being too close to him.

We agreed on getting the same class schedule so we could do kinds of stuff together. A lot of people would think that we're in a relationship but we're not. He's like my brother from another mother and I just don't feel anything more from that. I also get a lot of bashers by the way, not that I care about. Hypocrites exist in this university too, a lot of them actually and that I think Dan and I make a good team.

He knew I wasn't ready yet so he came in and prepared a quick sandwich.

"Wow is this your dorm now? I didn't know you live here too." I said sarcastically.

Dan was done making two peanut butter sandwiches, he then sat on the sofa and placed his feet on the small table in front of it.

"Is that one for me? Nice! Let's go?" I grabbed my blue heartstrings backpack and my books on the chair heading to the door after he gave me the sandwich. Dan is still on the couch eating that piece of the sandwich and just stared at me.

"Just where do you think you're going?" Dan asked looking me head to foot.

"Huh? School. Where else would I be going?" I gave him a grin while I was chewing the sandwich.

"Change your outfit for Christ sake! You look like a person in the dark ages!" I looked at my Black shirt, checkered black and red skirt and grey converse shoes. I belong to the 'nobody' category at school anyway and I guess I should dress the part.

"Don't make me undress you looking like that, were not in the 60's. Go back and change. I have a reputation you know."

I rolled my eyes and went back to my room.

He always teases me on my taste about fashion, that is why whenever we pass a shop, he really encourage me to buy some new clothes unto which I cannot afford.

Daniel ran to my closet and found a V-neck blue cotton shirt and white pants he bought last week during the summer sale at Lé Parks, a night park.

"Here you go. Wear it now." his authoritative voice made me follow immediately.

"You're not supposed to be here you know remember it's a 'girls dorm'?