Chapter 5: Digging Your Own Grave

{Day 2, six days left before the Science Fair}

Y/N's point of view

----------------------------

You, Igor, Brain, and Scamper got ready for the day to collect body parts. "Alright, everyone got what they need?" Asked The hunchback. Luckily for you, you won't be grave digging anytime soon as Igor decided not to traumatize you and go buy body parts at the store instead; you decided to follow along to explore the kingdom more.

[In the town]

Little did you know, being the only normal-looking human among the uncanny valley-looking citizens of Malaria would make you stand out quite a lot. "Uhh... Igor, not to offend you or anything... but what do you Malarians eat? Ya know... after the storm clouds came around." You bent down to Igor's level and whispered in his ear as you notice all the other citizens staring into your soul. You noticed he seemed a bit surprised by how close you were to him, "Uh--- Well, we eat whatever we can forage. Because of the lack of plants thanks to the sun, there are no longer many animals in Malaria, and our farm animals are quite skinny." Igor explained. "That explains it," you thought to yourself. As you pity the residents of Malaria, you almost tripped over Igor as he stopped walking in front of you.

As you stabilize yourself you realize you were at some kind of meat spare body parts store, you were so busy being self-conscious about others staring at you, you hadn't even realized where you were headed; all you did was follow in Igor's footsteps

As you stabilize yourself you realize you were at some kind of meat spare body parts store, you were so busy being self-conscious about others staring at you, you hadn't even realized where you were headed; all you did was follow in Igor's footsteps. Igor spoke in a cheerful tone of voice, "Hey, Y/N! Look, they have thumbs on sale." He continued. "Should I just make all of the monster's fingers thumbs? I could save so much money." He thought out loud. You thought at his question for a moment and imagined a hand with only thumbs for fingers. "How much was the original price?" You asked, Igor then took a closer look at the label, "Previously 6.75 per thumb, now it's 3.99 for one." Said the hunched-back. You both looked at each other and knew exactly what to do. Igor just shrugged as you both entered the store.

[Half an hour went by, and you both also bought some other equipment]

"No way! Did that actually happen?" You laughed as you listen to Igor talk about Scamper's attempts at unaliving himself. "Okay--- Okay, I REFUSE to believe he actually tried to feed himself to Dr. Glickenstein. Seriously!? Turning himself into a dish? HA! Now that's talent." You said as you laughed even harder. At this point, you didn't mind the citizens' judging eyes all over your body, you were genuinely enjoying your time with Igor. As Igor called a carriage to lift you both back to the castle, you noticed some gold chains on the floor. With your previous hard life of being poor, you instinctively picked it up hoping you'll get to use it in the future.

[Back at the now-deceased Dr. Glinkenstein's castle]

As you and Igor walked through the front door, you were greeted by Scamper and Brain playing a card game on the desk. Brain notices you both enter as he was facing you, "Well, well, well, look what the cat brought in." Scamper turned around to see you both looking bright and smiling, "Fuckin' hell, you made us dig up people's graves and you guys get to go on a date? Lame." "Yeah! I wanted to go on a date! ...What's a date?" Brain spoke. You simply laughed at Brain's stupidity and ignored what Scamper said. You looked in the corner of your eyes and noticed Igor looking a bit shocked. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" You thought to yourself. You shook off whatever you were feeling and decided to get ready for your new task.

[In the lab]

As you were double-checking the equipment making sure it was all fine, you realized you had no clue what you were doing. You looked over at Igor and Brain as they were enlarging body parts, then you noticed brain holding the baster with enlarging substance in it over a very reactive bottle of liquid---

[BOOM]

...

Before you could react brain has already caused an explosion, not to mention we no longer have an enlargening substance for the other arm. You mentally face-palmed whilst grabbing a towel, you headed over to Brain to wipe his now dirty jar with the said towel. "Thanks, Y/N." Brain said shyly. You smirked and made him sit upright.

"Alright, let's assemble these." Said Igor as he throws away a towel he used to wipe his face.

[After an aggravating time of Brain attempting to navigate the others]

You were already pissed at Brain and decided to just pick up a heavy object and place it on top of him whilst the rest of you went back to work. "HEY! get this off of me!" Brain yelled annoyingly. You noticed Igor beside you holding a very big syringe you almost fainted from how terrifying it looked, "And now, to make her skin indestructible." Spoke the hunched-back. As he sticks the big needle into the monster's hand and injects the liquid, you looked away. "Alright, let's test it." Said Igor as he took a laser gun from a desk nearby. Once he shot at the body of the monster the projectile bounced off of it and flew all over the room and hit a wall behind you, it was 4 inches away from blowing your head off. You were silent for a moment and turned around to look at the wall where the projectile had supposedly hit, the wall had a dark shade where the laser was shot into and it also left quite a dent.

You've had multiple near-death experiences in your life, but every time you were in control of what was happening; the thought of how everything would've ended if that projectile was 4 inches closer to your face made you pale. Now, you realized just how dangerous your current position is--- Building a killer monster that can rip you to shreds in one second? Staying in a place where being a serial killer is socially acceptable. And staying in a dead man's castle, which can get you into a lot of trouble. As you were in your thoughts you hadn't noticed the others trying to get your attention. You blinked your eyes a couple of times and snapped back into reality, you can tell the others were a bit concerned from the looks they were giving you. You opened your mouth, "..." But nothing came out. "Uhh... Why don't we all get some rest for today? We can insert the evil bone tomorrow." Suggested Igor.

[Everyone agreed and went back to their respective positions]

[You and Igor were still in the lab]

You've calmed yourself down once most of the Malarians leave. "Uhm... Hey... Y/N, you alright? You went pale and wasn't responding for a minute or two there." Asked the hunched-back. You only stared back at Igor, you thought of responding but you decided to just leave the lab in terror.

"W-Wait--- Y/N! ...Sorry" Shouted Igor, but he whispered the last part.

To be continued...