Here Comes The Rain Again

"Are you just going to stand there gaping at me like an oversized koi fish, or are you going to let me in? It's starting to rain." Seth grinned down at me, his hair sticking up where he had habitually run his hand through it. Wordlessly I stepped back, and tried in vain to find my voice again. He silently looked around the flat as I closed the door and laid the guitar I just realised I was still holding back down on the sofa.

"How long were you standing there?" I finally asked.

"Long enough." Seth glanced up at me, then returned his gaze to the songbook that I had thrown across the room. "Still throwing things in frustration, I see."

I ignored his comment. "What are you doing here? I thought you went back to England with Will and the Harrison brothers." I went back into the kitchen and grabbed another mug and set it down beside mine.

"I did, for a while." He joined me in the kitchen and opened the fridge. "How long has it been since you've eaten something real? You can't live on coffee forever, Rebel."

"Don't you know? I'm a vampire, only I prey on unsuspecting coffee shops instead of people." He chuckled softly at that, and I relaxed slightly. Maybe if I kept dodging his questions he'd stop asking them. The coffee maker beeped, indicating that it was done. Wordlessly Seth grabbed the milk, sniffed it, and grimaced. "We're going to have to visit one of those unsuspecting coffee shops if you don't want your nutrient to kill you." He gestured to the soured milk. "C'mon. You're going to get something hot to eat whether you like it or not." Seth then sauntered back into the living room, grabbed my keys from the bowl on the counter, and waited for me.

My mind was reeling. All of the sudden he shows up at four in the morning, snoops around my apartment, and now is insisting on taking me to breakfast?

What the fuck was going on inside his head? Did I even want to know? Did he know that Nick and I had split? Scratch that, of course he knew. He had to. The entire bleeding country knew about it. Four months later and the paps were still talking about it.

Inwardly sighing, I knew I couldn't very well refuse. He'd drag me kicking and screaming all the way there if I did. On that note, I shook myself out from my thoughts, grabbed a beanie to cover the rats-nest that was my hair, and shrugged on a jacket over my faded Janis Joplin shirt.

"Ready to go, then?" The guitar I had set on the couch was now slung across his back. Fitting, I supposed, since it was technically his guitar, not mine. As if reading my thoughts, he patted it affectionately. "I always told you I'd take it back eventually. You have plenty of others. Let's go." He opened the door and stepped out into the humid morning air.

The city was buzzing, even at this early hour. People heading to work, stumbling home from bars, cabbies switching shifts, ect. It's the city that never sleeps, and the residents make sure to keep up the reputation. Seth had been right, it was going to rain; it was fucking pouring out there. I tried to turn around and head back inside, but he pulled the door shut before I could, effectively locking me out. "Bastard. Give me my keys." I muttered at him, much to his amusement. "Not a chance, darling." I froze. Did he really just sat that? I had to be dreaming. I sighed softly and sped up to match his stride.

"Here comes the rain again," Seth said as I pulled my beanie down further. "Falling on my head like a memory," I continued, hailing a cab. It never failed, if one of us started a song lyric, the other would keep it going until it was done. I opened the taxicab door and slid in, rattling off directions to the nearest diner that I knew was open to the driver, and slightly jolted as Seth got in next to me. "Falling on my head like a new emotion." I snuck a glance at him. "I want to walk in the open wind..." Catching my gaze, Seth stared at me, and I could swear his eyes were golden. "I want to talk like lovers do."

Another cliffhanger! Phew. I hate writing dialogue for Seth. This would've been longer but I had to force myself to get this written, haha. Anyway, did anyone catch my slight mention to the first chapter of JWIN? Comment if you did! It's so late and I should really try to sleep.

As always, this is dedicated to the brilliant @chooseitwisely, and yes, there's going to be at least one more chapter if not more. The song I used is by Eurythmics, called Here Comes The Rain Again.