Part-3

A/N:
Dang- last updated two November??
Sorry??

So. Funny story.
I got sick, got too busy with school, got busy with farming for the man of my dreams- aka the love interest of this fanfic- , got busy with Christmas ideas and got sick AGAIN.
Such a happy period, wow. I'm impressed.
Anyways.
I'll try to make up for it with a chapter long enough to at least satisfy the emptiness in my soul.

Small recap.
You're a fairy who can't fly, went to get a nice gift for your aunt who has been raising you, disappointed her by returning late after- GUESS WHAT- "meeting" the Wanderer unofficially in a cave on top of a mysteriously suspicious mountain, and then you proceeded to get kicked out of your house.
Now let's see the rest.

PS: I may have used Wanderer's old name in the previous chapters, that were released before the 3.3 archon quest. He will not have a name other than "Wanderer" till I decide what his name will be in order to respect his choice of "erasing the past"; since we all know what horrible memories link to his old names.
Thank you.

The bench you were on wasn't comfortable; at all.

You were already hungry, and it hadn't even been half a day since you were kicked out.
It wouldn't be long for the sun to rise...but you were tired.

Getting seen by the city folk sleeping on a bench would be embarrassing, to say the least. Some would insult you, some would pity you.....you really had to move.

You picked up your bag, carefully tightening the straps to hold it better.
You were unbearably tired, but you really needed some place safe to stay for at least a day or two, the time to settle things with your aunt.

The cave just on the mountain was isolated, had no living being near it, and was really high up. Perfect.

Despite your soon-to-be freezing feet, you started walking again toward that commonly dreaded high place. You had previously put on some warmer clothing, hoping to avoid any illnesses.

Your aunt had actually been merciful and supplied you again with a small bag of dust, but it wasn't gonna last two trips to the mountain.
You were about halfway up and, if you used it well enough, you could probably make it down again in the morning without falling and....hopefully not breaking something.

Gathering up the courage for this small risk, you dipped your hand in the purse. You felt guilty; she had always took care of you but....were you in the wrong this time?
Sure, you could've gone home sooner, but she was exaggerating. Not like not-flying could get you instantly killed...

Just when your wings stopped their furious flapping, your feet touched the ground of the dark cave.

You strangely felt calmer now, shielded from the world. It was really humid, the cave was damp; a pungent cold seeping into your skin...

It wasn't log till you started settling yourself, using your old clothes as a makeshift blanket. Despite the horrible envirovment and the rocky ground, you felt pretty warm.You were glad you decided to come here.

Was this fairy completely mental...

Who the hell would come to a high up hole in a mountain in the middle of the night and then proceed to hunde up to sleep?

The Wanderer somehow felt bad. that's why he decided to warm up the shivering fairy. He wouldn't use his fire to burn you, but he would make the best use of his own body. He warmed up his chest, going closer to your small form.

He had been in a similar position when he was younger. Left out by the world, with no one to rely on but his own self.
He wanted to help you if it meant he could at least not feel bad for you.

In your small dream, you were surrounded by a warm and cozy blanket. Despite it being somehow rough, it was so warm your body couldn't ask for anything better.
The dream, as all dreams do, didn't last long, and it soon switched to another; but the sensation stayed.

What gently laid it's warmth upon you in dream land was making sure you would stay warm, and your body was very grateful for it.

The Wanderer watched you curl up comfortably, thinking his work was done for the night. He immediately went to retreat on the ceiling of the cavern, hoping you'd be away by next morning.

Your shivering form stopped him again.

He shouldn't have done that.
You had gotten used to the "hot blanket" he made sure to recreate, and now you felt colder than before without him.

"It's so annoying..." his voice echoed in the cavern, his throat sore from lack of usage.
He felt like he was taking care of some needy animal...and you were only sleeping.
What would happen if you woke up and saw him? Would you scream? Run? Die from a heart attack?

At the end of the day, he figured he would just be very careful and lose a few hours of sleep. If he was careful enough, he could move up the cavern in no time before you woke up...

He soon got comfortable on the floor of his cavern that you were so kindly invading with your presence, finally feeling somewhat at peace.

He didn't need to stare you down all night, so he worked on his favourite activity since his body got so heavy and big; counting the stars.

The stars always mixed up his eyes.
He would count two but then he would notice another one in between them, so he had to start yet again. It was the perfect activity to get annoyed with.

He was doing this because he couldn't hear a sound from you at all...he almost forgot you were there at some point and started to doze off.
He noticed cause you started shaking in his field of vision, him having to keep using his elemental power to avoid such nuisance....

You stirred.

Your body felt sore...but you felt like you had the best sleep of your life. It was weirdly warm to be a simple cave...

Actually

Was it still dark?

You couldn't see anything. You felt kind of suffocated, actually. You had a burning suspicion something was on you...
You decided to extend your hand forward, trying to prove your theory wrong.

Oh

It was warm.
It felt like scarred skin, hot scarred skin.
It was all around you...what could you do?

You suddenly felt suffocated..what was happening? You tried to push it away, but quavers it was; it was heavy. Too heavy for you.

Your breathing started getting ragged, your eyes cloudy with panic and tears...and it went up.

A yawn....the scarred skin yawned.

Whatever was on you finally got up, and in your panicked state you made out what you denied to be reality....a Dragon.
Small in comparison to what you imagined, with opaque purple and blue scales, Violet groggy eyes adjusting to the sun....you felt sick.

The dragon finally acknowledged your presence, staring at you with a hint of surprise.

"You-" the dragon couldn't even begin his phrase, you had already dipped. You run despite the pain in your ankle, and despite the pain you now felt on your back.

You run and run, as deeply into the forest as your legs could take you. You were afraid...afraid of what the dragon could've done to you if he somehow was hungry for some fresh meat. He hadn't taken a single bite out of you all night long but....what the fuck was that pain on your back.

You finally stopped, taking hastily the small mirror from your backpack. You broke the two halves apart, trying to get a good look on your back, but....what you saw next made you want to throw up.

"You-....ah..." the fairy went away. She hadn't picked up her makeshift blanket....actually...

What was that under his claws?
Some sort of slimy texture laid under his paw, both frail and sturdy....it looked familiar...

These are their wings....