Chapter 14: Webs

Kagome POV

"Inuyasha!" I tried shouting to him.

He still had his hands on his head, screaming in pain.

I could hear him trying to speak to me.

"Ka...gom...e!" Inuyasha stuttered.

Everyone stood back, seeing his teeth and claws were only getting sharper by the second.

I held out his Tetsaiga, taking it out of it's sheath.

"Kagome what're you doing?!" Sango questioned.

I gripped his sword tighter in my hands and ran towards him. I quickly threw it across and he grabbed it as tightly as he could. The purple mark on his face started to disappear and his eyes grew in a lighter shade of red. His Tetsaiga transformed and looked as powerful as ever. Inuyasha held it up in the air and yelled loudly in pain. Something had to be controlling him. I turned to see Miroku take out some sutras and Sesshomaru tense up along with Sango. They felt the same thing I did, an evil aura was definitely in the atmosphere. I lifted my bow and scanned around the trees. I saw little thin spiderwebs attaching to Inuyasha's neck. I suddenly heard Sango drop her weapon and fall to the ground. I turned to see little cuts along her uniform. It seemed to be caused by the same thing that was controlling Inuyasha. Those spiderwebs!!

"What the heck is going on?!" Sango said struggling.

Miroku ran to her and tugged on her body, his hand bleeding.

"What the..." Miroku trailed off, his arm all scraped up.

Can they not see them? Am I the only one who can?!

Miroku POV

I don't understand what is happening right now. Why did I start bleeding all of the sudden? My arm started to sting in pain but I saw Sango's body was clumped against something. Is there something there that I am not seeing? Inuyasha continued to struggle with himself, his Tetsaiga didn't seem to push away whatever was controlling him. But at least his demon powers seemed to be calming down. I saw Sesshomaru stare at Inuyasha in slight concern, but he kept his sword drawn. I saw Kagome looking around Sango and at Inuyasha. What is she staring at?

"Miroku watch out!" I heard Kagome yell at me.

I turned left and right,
"What are you talking about?" I questioned her.

I suddenly felt a sharp pain around my arms. It felt like something was stabbed through my arm. I screamed in pain and looked around. What is doing this to me?!

I saw Kagome draw her bow and aim towards my arms,
"Miroku don't move!"

She drew the arrow back and shot past my arm, the pain going away. What did she do? I turned to see the arrow bounce off a tree and shoot past Sango. She collapsed to the ground and coughed a little. I ran to her in concern and then saw the arrow brush past Inuyasha. Inuyasha widened his eyes and he fell to the ground panting hard.

"Inuyasha!" I heard Kagome shout.

She ran to him and observed him slowly. I looked to see his claws getting shorter and his eyes changing back to normal.

"Sango, are you okay?" I asked her.

She nodded at me lightly.

Koga lifted his head and held his wound on his arm,
"Damn you mutt..."

Inuyasha looked up, his hair covering his face and his breath staggering,
"Sh-shut up..." Inuyasha said.

Kagome looked over at Koga and then back at Inuyasha,
"I'll get you guys some medicines once we get back to Kaede's hut."

I heard the bushes rustle and a demon popped out, his face was covered. It took Sesshomaru no time to react. He picked up his pace and quickly sliced at its skin. As Sesshomaru kept cutting and slashing at the demon, his face was finally revealed, it was...Magatsuhi?!

Sango POV

I couldn't believe it! How is Magatsuhi here out of all places. Magatsuhi is the evil side of the jewel. But Kagome and Inuyasha destroyed the jewel many years ago. How is he back? I kept watching Sesshomaru's moves. They kept getting swifter and lighter with each step. I could feel their battle auras emitting from their bodies. Magatsuhi snickered as they paused on the ground.

"You maggots are pathetic," he snickered.

Sesshomaru clenched his fist,
"You disgust me."

Magatsuhi jumped in the air on a tree branch. He started to laugh in a creepy matter,
"It's always fun to play with fools like you."

I heard Inuyasha growl as he stood up a little taller,
"You filthy bastard! How the hell are you here?!"

"I will live on. You can destroy the Shikon Jewel, but you can not destroy evil," he smiled.

Koga laid up against a tree and stared up at Magatsuhi. I suddenly saw Kagome stand up and look at him.

"Ah I remember you, you're the one I sealed the powers of," he recalled.

Kagome's eyes showed no fear as Magatsuhi stared into her eyes.

"Trying to seal my power again? You'll fail," Kagome said sternly.

"Kagome..." I managed to get out.

"You think that you can even seal my power off? I'm stronger than that!" Kagome yelled. She drew her bow and aimed at his forhead.

"I'm tired of fighting! It's over for you Magatsuhi!" Kagome screamed as she shot her arrow.

We all gazed at her in shock. The arrow was heading straight for him.

Kagome POV

I know I'll hit him! I know it'll work! I'm not the same as I was so many years ago! My arrow disappeared in front of his face. He started to laugh.

"How tragic! Your little arrow couldn't pierce my flesh! You're a weak priestess and will never be good enough!" he mocked me.

"I don't need to aim for your flesh. If I remember correctly, you'll just regenerate. So I went for your weak spot. That little spider you hid yourself," I explained

There was a bright light and we all covered our eyes. It was my arrow! It went through into his weak spot. I knew I could do it! Magatsuhi started to scream loudly.

"No no! How can this be?!" Magatsuhi asked himself.

In that instant his body blew into pieces and it was all finally over at long last.

Everyone started to cheer and ran up to me, they all looked so happy.

"Kagome! That was amazing!!" Sango said excitedly.

"Yea! I'm so glad we did it!" I smiled at her.

I suddenly felt a tug on my arm, it was Koga.
"I have to leave, I hope to see you again soon, Kagome..." He said grabbing my hand.

Inuyasha came up behind him and bumped his head,
"Enough witht the hand holding!"

Koga snickered as he started running away with a big smile on his face.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder, I turned to see Inuyasha he had a pink flush to his cheeks,
"Kagome without you...I-I would've..." He didn't finish his sentence.

I stared into his eyes and smiled brightly at him,
"I'm glad you're back..."

Sesshomaru looked at the both of us and I saw a smirk spread across his face. We all headed back to the village and Kaede was happy to see us return. The both of us worked together and patched up everyone wounds with what we had. I'm glad I'm still here with Inuyasha and the others. So I guess we will just keep living our lives together. I kissed Inuyasha's cheek lightly as he looked at me,
"Kagome. Can I ask you something?"

"What is it Inuyasha?" I asked.

"N-nevermind..." Inuyasha shook his head.