Chapter 4- In and Out and In Again

I should not be allowed to transcribe this when I'm tired, I just got really annoyed at everything that happened- the narrator is the most sarcastic, annoyed being ever, and the fourth wall is lying shattered on the blocky grass.

Lunya, JJ, and Sira crashed to the forest floor. All around them, strange plants grew. Trees arched and tangled above. Narrow shafts of sunlight reached the ground, dappling it with light. Jacaranda and Lunya could hear the familiar leafspeak whispers of the jungle plants.

Lunya shifted to her dragon form, half Leafwing and half Nightwing. She flew away, and JJ and Sira quickly lost sight of her in the dense canopy.

"Sira, can you portal us back?" JJ asked, a slight whiny tone in her voice.

"Yeah." Sira opened a dark portal and quickly dove through, pulling Jacaranda with her.

Once Sira and Jacaranda umbled back through to Minecraft, JJ asked, "So we're just leaving Lunya in a different world?"

"Yep." Sira shut the portal. "She'll return eventually."

Sophia came running from where she'd been playing with Floofle. "Go get her back!" Sophia instructed. JJ tapped Sophia's shoulder, freezing her in place again. Sophia let out a frustrated scream, which was, in JJ's opinion, quite the overreaction. "What the heck," Sophia remarked. "I did nothing wrong!"

"It's treason to want to get Lunya back," Jacaranda hissed.

"But I'm worried about her!" Sophia protested. Jacaranda ignored the baker's worries, and dragged her into the bakery, with Sira following. "Wait, you forgot Floofle!" Sophia yelled.

JJ and Sira both ran out to get the cat. When they got back, and Floofle was safely indoors, Jacaranda asked, "Sophia, do you promise not to try to go get Lunya?"

"Fine." Sophia pouted.

"Okay, I'll trust you, but if you betray my trust..." JJ unfroze Sophia, with a glare and a vague threat. Instead of taking advantage of her regained mobility, Sophia went afk immediately.

"You know what?" Lunya asked, probably rhetorically.

"What?" JJ inquired. Lunya neglected to answer, as she rifted to another dimension and returned as a sleek black cat with bright green eyes.

Jacaranda ignored the cat-ified person. "Sophia is afk, let's prank her!"

"Nope," Lunya meowed.

"Why not?" Jacaranda challenged.

"She's done nothing but be nice to you," Lunya hissed. "And made you cookies and cakes."

"Nah, she's too nice to justify a prank," Sira supported Lunya's argument. Whose side is she on? I thought we were being evil together, Sira!

"It could be a nice prank," JJ suggested. "Like, she comes back and she has a cookie."

"That's a gift, not a prank." Sira apparently didn't know that not all pranks are malicious.

"Don't you fill that cookie with anything-" Lunya's angry meow was cut off and replaced by more static.

"Oh no! Lunya, is the voice modulator not working?" Jacaranda's cat ears flattened down as she suddenly felt a wave of social anxiety. "Also- I hope I'm not coming across as mean. I'm trying to be playful, but I have crap social skills." Poor little meow meow, coping by insulting herself.

"Yeah, I'm the same way." Indigo tumbled down the stairs, apparently done with her nap.

JJ grinned adorably. "Hi, Indigo! I sorta had a villain arc while you were gone!"