Chapter 31

Going for the Kill

3rd pov
"It's not gonna be that simple... because you demon hunters are dead, man. As for pillars, we ate a number of them I've gotten fifteen, my sister's gotten seven." Smiled Gyutaro.

"That's right. Nobody's gonna be alive by sunrise. The long night will always be our ally! You're all gonna meet your deaths here!!" She said before attacking Uzui.

Fortunately for Uzui, Zenitsu blocked the attack and pushed her outside, Inosuke following behind, leaving Tengen alone with Gyutaro.

"Leave maggot girl to me and sleepyhead! You get mantis boy! Be careful!" Shouted the teen before running out.

"My sister won't get put down..." Spoke Gyutaro, looking at the human in front of him.

"You..! From back then!!" Said Daki, looking at Zenitsu's face.

"I have something I wanna say to you. Apologize for killing Kanao and to the girl whose ear you pulled. Even though you provided them with food, clothing and shelter with the money you earned, that doesn't make them your your property. That is just unforgivable, on all accounts." He replied calmly.

"Don't give me that lame lecture. You think a freak like yourself has the right to talk to me on equal ground? In this town, women are commodities. Just like objects. The owner can sell them, buy them, break them, do whatever they please. Freaks have no right to eat food. People who can't do anything won't be treated like humans." She stated, seeing red.

"Don't do unto others what you don't want to do unto you." Spoke the boy calmly.

"... That's wrong. A load of crap. We're just returning all the pain and suffering people did to us and collecting what they owe us. We have to pay our past misfortunes to those who are fortunate, or we can't break even." She told them looking down in anger. "That's how we always lives our lives. And we killed every single person who had a problem with that idea, man." She added, looking up, now with a third eye on her forehead.

"Just like you guys. So we'll claw out windpipes, man." Added Gyutaro, one eye closed.

'God, that's some intense bloodlust. Still not enough to kill us. One of his eyes is closed, why? Is this a way to keep watch on both fights?' Thought the human.

In less than one second, Gyutaro managed to make his way to Tengen and attack him. A short exchange of blades was made before Daki's sashed pierced through the ceiling and blocked the movements of Uzui.

'Countless sashes from above...'

"HAHAHAHA! I can see all your movements because nii-san's awake now! This is my true strength!" Laughed Daki maddly.

"Shut up!! Stop speaking with that shrill voice!" Shouted Inosked, bloodied, along with Zenitsu.

"Kukuku. The whole successor thung is a lie, isn't it? You guys don't have control over you movements. Totally incompetent. No teamwork whatsoever, unlike me and my sister." Giggled Gyutaro.

About five minutes later, the fight was still ongoing, everyone going strong. Blood slashes and sashes coming from everywhere, every blind spot possible. Everyone on guard, but only Gyutaro and Daki having fun in this fight. At some point, the building collapsed.

'It's collapsing!! I can't see my surroundings because of the rubble.' Thought Uzui in a panic.

Suddenly, Gyutaro appeared from behind the smoke and attacked the human while he was distracted. Unfortunately, he was able to block it and counter attack. The exchange didn't last long before Gyutaro's blood demon art appeared behind him and cut him.

'Fast. He really is like a mantis. And what's with this swordsmanship?' He had thought before the attack appeared. 'There's no way to escape.' He added after.

Sadly for the human, when he tried to dodge, he got hit in the side. Bleeding heavily, he countered attacked the demon, cutting his foot off.

Sound breathing, fifth form; Symphony of Shrill Strings

This exchange didn't last long. Only for a few seconds, but it was fast. A deadly exchange, if anyone had interfered, they would have been killed in an instant.

'They just overpowered me with a noisy technique. But there's no point. Beating them will me easy peasy.' Thought Gyutaro, smirking.

'Those boys above should be having some difficulty if they can't kill her even if she's decapitated. And I got poisoned and I'm bleeding, so we have to settle this quickly, or we're all dead!!' Thought Tengen.

"AHAHAHAHA! DIE! DIE, you ugly turds!!" Laughed Inosuke. "There are blood blades and sashes coming at us now! What the hell?! I can't get close to maggot girl at all!! SHIIIIT! These blood blades are really bad!! Knowing that even a scratch will kill is making my skin tingle!" He shouted.

The fight between Tengen and Gyutaro now was outside since the building broke down and Hinatsuru took advantage of it and took out her weapon of her own. A kunai thrower, those being coated with wisteria poison.

'What's with the kunai?' Thought Gyutaro, distracted from his fight by this. 'It will be a pain to deal with all these before the pillar. It's a little irritating. And there are two little dolly demon hunters too, huh. Well, I can just let these hit me.. Wait. Why are they making a pointless attack right now?'

Blood demon technique; Rampant Arches of Evil

'He created a dome with his slashes!' Thought Hina, looking down at the fight

'Wha!? Whoa, Whoa, what's with this guy? He's coming right at me. The kunai are gonna hit you too. man. I see, he was originally a shinobi, not a swordsman. His senses are different from a normal person's.' Thought the demon, going for the kill.

Unfortunately for Gyutaro, both of his legs were cut off by the human. At the same time, a kunai hit his throat.

'My legs aren't regenerating. I knew these kunai were laced with something. Something probably extracted from wisteria flowers. My body's going numb...'

While thinking this, Uzui got back into position and was going for the final hit.

'Impressive, man. You've begun to turn the tides in such a short time. Fascinating, maaan.' Smiled the demon.

The poison Hinatsuru used can paralyze non-numbered demons for half a day. It also managed to seal the movements of lower moons before.

'Please work, even if it's for a short while, someone can surely cut the demon's head off!!' Hoped the woman.

~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey everyone! I hope y'all are having a good day. And for those who celebrate it, happy Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa!

Miss 25th night
1066 words