Chapter 2 ( 15 Days Before His Pretend)

Chapter 2

15 Days Before His Pretend

Greg

New York City is still the same. Busy people walking with briefcases, cabbies stuck between the traffic, glorious skyscrapers erected back-to-back, nothing changes since three years ago.

I've been travelling to every places across the globe but I'm constantly avoiding this particular city. Simple reason, because it was inhabitated by a sick baneful witch who turns my life into a living hell.

I wanted my life back. Without a rubbish marriage ruining my everything.

I called Mandy a while ago to inform her that I was coming. Hearing her voice only bring the memories of the worst nightmare I ever had. Nightmare that separates me from the girl I truly love.

Flashback three years ago...

I punched the wall with my right fist as realization of what happened last night filled my mind.

I slept with another woman. Not Chloe but another woman. How much did I drink last night to let this happen? To let a whore play tricks on me.

I remember this whore is called Mandy.We were introduced by some of my college buddies few years ago and she was the only daughter of Amelia Lawrence, the famous designer. I was two years ahead of her in college.

My pal, Ronald, told me before that she has a thing on me, the reason why I always seem to see her in any places I've been.

My eyes and my heart was imprisoned by the woman I love, Chloe. That is why every girl is completely invisible to me, including that Mandy.

"I'm so sorry Greg. I never meant this thing to happen." I heard the whore talked. She was still sitting in my bed covered with the duvet cryinging like a stupid pathetic child. The red stain visible between the sheets only proved how wrong last night was.

"Never meant this? Ha! Tell me, how did you get pass my door?" My anger is rising that I can't help but to yell at her.

"I told you before, the door is open. I came here to say my farewell to you. I never meant to seduced you like what you are accusing me--"

"Bullsh*t! You think I'm gonna buy that piece of a sh*t? You seduced me to bed. Maybe you put something in my drink, followed me home, and then bravo, your scheme is successful. Congratulations, b*tch!" I never heard her reply only her dramatic sob.

God! I'm sick of this drama.

"Fix yourself then we'll talk later." I exasperatedly sigh. I showered a cold water and leave her at my room. I was expecting to see her dressed and waiting for me but all I saw is an empty room with a small note on the middle of the bed.

Think whatever you want to think about me because I don't care if you believe me or not. You will never see my face again. I won't tell this to anyone if that makes you sleep at night. Goodbye.

Two weeks pass, the scheming bitch has been true to her words. My world has been a total silence. No paparazzi, no headlines, no media.

I have given myself two weeks to continue my postpone flight and encourage Chloe to come with me. Lately, she's becoming hesitant and unreachable.

I was surprised by a sudden call from my father, Godofredo, telling me to meet him and Mom on one of the first-class restaurant in New York. Odd, they were both staying in Greece, how come they are here in New York?