New Beginnings

NEW BEGINNINGS

Katherine

Some say the world will end in fire, some say ice. From Katherine's perspective, the end was much worse than either, the reality of it was, the world ended in a bloody, screaming mess. The weak died and the strong continued on. The will to survive consumed the living and made them crazy for survival, evil...
Katherine watches the rows of huge houses fill her vision, the lawns were well looked after, the streets were clean of dirt and the dead, children played tag... she takes in a deep breath and steps inside the gates.

"Hello," a middle - aged man steps up in a blue button up, grey jeans. His hair was short, he was clean..." If you stay you have to hand over your weapons. "He explains, his arms crossed over his chest.
"We don't know if we want to stay," Rick responds.

"It's fine Nicholas," Aaron pushes Nicholas back slightly, out of their personal bubble.

"If we were gonna use 'em, we would've started already," Katherine says dryly, glaring to Nicholas. She didn't like the look of him one bit.
"Let me talk to Deanna first. "Aaron guides them away from Nicholas and further into Alexandria.

"Who's Dianna?" Abraham asks curiously. "She knows everything about this place. "Aaron responds.

"Good thing we're here," Katherine pauses, she turns to the gate and holds up her gun and pulls the trigger. The walker hits the floor. She turns back to the group, her head held high with pride. Aaron leads them through the rows of houses until they reach a huge white one, possibly the biggest one in the town. "You go first, Katherine," he walks her up and knocks on the door, an old man with glasses answers.

"Hello," he smiles, beckoning her in," I'm Reg. Make yourself at home. "Reg's demeanour was kind and welcoming, he had a warm smile, one that reminded Katherine of Hershel- in a way. She walks into a living area where a woman with blonde hair to her shoulders was.

"Hi!" She says overjoyed. "My name is Deanna. I see you've met my husband Reg," she hands Katherine a glass of water.
Katherine sniffs it before chugging it. Deanna couldn't help but chuckle at her hostility.

"Katherine Dixon," Katherine says catching her breath from chugging the water. "But my friends call me Kat," Katherine sits on the pillowy couch, she felt like she was going to fall through it. She crosses her legs and leans back, speculating her surrounding.

"Mind if I film this?" Deanna politely asks.
Katherine shakes her head, and so Deanna presses record. "Why?" She asks.
"We're all about transparency here," Deanna responds. "Tell me about yourself... how long have you been out there?"

Katherine adjusts herself in her chair, she swallows thickly, flashes of it all seeping through. She closes her eyes and lets out a shaky breath," Since the beginning. "She starts. "It was a mess... Atlanta. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was with Luke- ex... it was- it was crazy. Walkers began attacking people. Dead bodies on the street began to rise and tear open people's arteries. If it weren't the dead killing the living, it was the living killing each other. Eventually I got separated from Luke and I met the group I'm with now... my brothers were there.... We killed people, people who tried to kill us and I don't regret it one bit. It was to protect my people. I'd kill anyone to protect them. "

"I don't doubt it one bit. Your brothers, where are they now?" She asks, her fingers interlocked.

Katherine chews her lip, holding back tears, she wouldn't let Deanna see her at her most vulnerable. She looks up, her icy eyes meeting Deanna's. Deanna seen just how much Katherine had been through just from that glance. Cold, icy eyes bore into Deanna's.
"Daryl is with us.. he was with us since the beginning. Merle too, but Merle couldn't keep his mouth shut and so they left him on a rooftop in Atlanta, he cut off his own hand. Weeks, or maybe months, I don't know, past and I reunited with him. He was working with a clown that called himself The Governor- I played apart in his demise- Merle, Daryl and I went off for awhile and came back to see what The Governor had caused back at the prison- where we seeked refuge and h- he - Merle- lived with us for awhile. He s-sacrificed his life for those people out there. His last breath was thinking The Governor was on his way to kill us and those people out there never once appreciated him for that. My brother wasn't a monster, he was just broken. A broken man with broken foundations. But me, I remember what he died for. He died for us, my family and I. We were taken by these cannibals in a train cart, we escaped and they hunted us down so we stabbed them to death-"