Chapter Sixteen

Fuck, fuck, fuck

Fuck, fuck, fuck. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. We were supposed to make a quiet exit. Or maybe not so quiet, seeing as Alexei had brought fucking Molotov cocktails with him. My eyes strayed to the man who had shot Alexei as he reappeared with Nikita by his side.

"You really think that I was scared of you hmm?"

Nikita shot Alexei again, this time in his leg, using his moment of distraction and making him fall to his knees. His partner howled as if he'd told some sort of joke.

"We have to find that slimy bitch now. God knows where she's run to." Nikita kicked Alexei's body.

Even through all the pain, my man didn't make a single sound, showing his strength through and through. God, I fucking loved him.

Nikita and the other man moved into my line of sight, his back to me as I slowly stepped out of the shadows behind the dumpster. I didn't hesitate to shoot the man who'd hurt Alexei before aiming the gun at Nikita. Blood splattered his clothes as he whirled around to face me. A bullet went whizzing past and hit him between the eyes before he could as much as react.

His body fell to the ground with a thump as I ran to Alexei, my legs pumping as fast as they could.

"Shit, shit, shit." I muttered as I put pressure on his bullet wounds.

"It's fine. Just a surface level injury." He said even though his face was a bit pale. "We gotta take care of this first." He maneuvered his head at the bodies as I nodded, deciding to with his original plans.

I propped Alexei against the car before I hauled the three dead bodies in through the entrance and placed them just inside before barring the only entrance with one of the dumpsters. It took a couple of minutes since they were heavy as fuck, but I managed. By the time I'd come back for the Molotov cocktails, Alexei had stood up again, even though I'm sure it pained him.

"Alexei, you shouldn't -

"Let's burn this place to the ground, milaya."

I paused for a moment, eyes roaming over the place that belonged to our rival gang. The same rival gang that had kidnapped my sister in law last year.

"Let's get this shit over with once and for all." I agreed as I handed him a couple of bottles.

"On the count of three." I muttered. "Three, two, one..."

We both simultaneously slingshotted the burning bottled to the roof and through the windows. It took a couple of seconds for the fire to start, but once it did, it spread rapidly through the club, burning down what remained of the Vorovskoy Mir. Thankfully, the women that worked here weren't present tonight since a special meeting had been called only for Nikita to bring me here.

Satisfied, Alexei and I sprinted towards where he had parked the car, soot and blood covering us. I let out a manic laugh as we sped away from the burning site, knowing that no one was going to make it out alive.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?" I turned to Alexei, seeing him shocked before a genuine smile overtook his face.

"I don't think you have, no."

"Well I do. Ya tebya lyublyu, Alexei."

"Ya tebya lyublyu, milaya. Thank you for saving me and being the light in my life. I'll make sure that it stays that way for the rest of our lives." He promised, and I had no doubt that he would keep that promise.

We had gone through our own set of trials and tribulations over the years. But we had made it out together in the end. Because even when we weren't together, our love was just as strong. Because our love had no limits. It was unbounded.

☆☆☆

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!💗