Chapter 3

"This is the standard issue SEA uniform. You'll be expected to wear it when we're in the field, unless we're undercover.It's magically enhanced, meaning that you won't get it dirty and it's impenetrable." Dmitri explained handing the uniform over to me.

When I had it in my hands I realized it was cool to the touch and almost felt alive. "That's pretty cool." I said in reply, still in awe of the strange material.

"You can leave it in your locker over there. We always come here before going out on calls." Dmitri said to me. He grabbed a laptop from off the wall shelving and sat at the round table. It was filled with different types of gadgets and things.

We settled into a comfortable silence, him on the computer and me looking through my new locker. There was a headset in a small black case, black combat boots in my size, and a brand new .40 caliber glock with a thigh holster. I checked to see if it was loaded and was surprised to find it was. There was a bullet in the chamber, a full clip plus two extras.

I turned towards Dmitri with a raised eyebrow. "Loaded already?"

He looked up when I spoke and shrugged, "we like to be ready."

I nodded at his answer and after a minute asked another question. "So why does James seem to dislike me so much? I haven't done anything to him."

"Well you see, James believes women are good for only one thing ; And that's being a housewife. Most werewolves are like that." He said indifferently. I had already pegged James as a werewolf with all his hair so it didn't surprise me.

"And you?" I asked quietly, turning back towards my locker to put the gun away.

I didn't hear him move but I jumped a little when he spoke in my ear. "I believe women can do just about anything we can." He moved the few loose strands of hair away from my neck and inhaled. "You really do smell delicious." He lightly ran his tongue along my vein on my neck causing me to shiver.

The next instant I was left feeling strangely cold without his body heat against me. A few seconds later Captain Williams and James walked in the room. Dmitri was back sitting at the desk like he had never moved and for a second I thought I had imagined what happened. Well that is until he winked at me.

"There's been a number of disappearances from a local club that Ben thinks may be supernatural. The police department have come up with nothing. So even if it isn't supes, I would like our team on it. I want to figure out who is making all these people disappear from the same damn place." Captain Williams spoke with anger in his voice.

"What relations do all of the victims have?" I asked him, my mind already in the game so to speak.

He nodded at James who pulled down the projector screen. Once Dmitri hooked up the laptop to the projector, a dozen female faces showed up. They were all in their twenties with brown hair. "Aside from their physical appearances we couldn't find anything similar. It's just random women with brown hair, green eyes and in their early twenties." Captain said running a hand through his hair.

Thinking it would be the perfect thing for me to prove my worth I voiced my opinion. "I'm a woman in her early twenties with brown hair and green eyes." I stated. Captain Williams and James looked at each other and came to the same conclusion together. 

"No I forbid it!" Dmitri growled out angrily, rising to his feet. I raised my eyebrow at him questioningly.

"It sounds like a good idea Dmitri. We'll all have her back in the club so it's not like she'll be in danger. There also is a chance that the person doing this won't be interested in her at all." James said in thought.