CHAPTER 1

Hey guys, I said I will upload the prologue, but this is big enough to be a chapter so I just decieded to call it that.  Hope you guys like it and don't forget to vote if you do.

************************************

"Lag ja gale ki phir ye

Hassi raat ho na ho

Shayad phir is janam mein

Mulakat ho na ho

Lag ja gale."

Akshu stands there, smiling at Abhi. He was looking up at her happy that they were moving forward from the whole 'Maa ka accident' scene. He knew that he had been distant with her, even after she chose him, since then. He just had to be sure about this, that she loves him just as much as he does and that she is his first priority and always will be.

In his obstinateness to have that confirmation he doesn't realize that he is making her his second priority. His mom being his first, but Akshu doesn't have a problem with that. She realizes the importance of one's mother and doesn't expect Abhi to make her his priority, but what she doesn't understand is his hypocrisy. If she isn't his first priority and his mother is, how can he expect to be her's over her family?

Since the day of her Mehendi she noticed him being distant, but didn't mind it. Thinking that he needs space and it's about his mom, so he deserves to hold some hostility after the incident, but now her patience is breaking. Her being so sidelined by him everywhere and him not taking a stand for her every time either her or his family says anything to her is breaking her from inside.

'Main manti hoon meri bhi galati thi lekin maine kiya na jo tum chahte the, phir ab itni narazgi kyu?' Akshu thinks to herself as she watches him standing in front of the stage, tears gathering in her eyes as she waits for his reaction.

The entire Birla family stands there, somewhere feeling bad for Akshu, but all the adults and their egos stop them from showing it stand there nonchalantly. The younger ones were openly expressing their disappointment in Abhi and sympathy towards Akshu through their worried expressions. Manjiri was only worried about her son who was also getting hurt somewhere along the line in the entire situation. While the Goenka family was mad at both of their daughters, they were also worried for Akshu. They wanted her to have a happy life ahead, but looking at the situation now they could only see problems and issues in her life, and for once they were genuinely worried for her. The other guests who were there were applauding her for her performance unaware of the situation.

Abhi stands there thinking about everything that has happened. Despite being angry he can't forget his love for her, especially when she is singing their song for him. He stands there watching her, contemplating his next actions. As much as he wanted to run towards her and pull her towards him, his stubborn mind wouldn't allow him to forget about his apprehension. While he waits there the light in the room dimmed and the screen behind Akshu comes to light. She turns around to see it filled with her pictures, from all throughout her life. Even when she was away from the house. Both the families are shocked to see Akshu and all the outfits she was wearing. What was more shocking was the fact that her smile was so different, yet pure, in all those photos. Despite always seeing her smiling they were strangers to this beautiful smile in these pictures.

"Everyone please, ek aur baar taliyaan, hamari pyari si bride ke itne amazing se performance ke liye," a man's voice echoes in the room through the speakers. As soon as the voice is heard Akshu's attention from Abhi is diverted and she starts to look around the room panicking. No one misses her reaction and wonders who the person is and why is Akshu reacting like this. "Arey aise mat dhund mujhe, waqt ane pe tere samne aa jaunga. Abhi tu bas screen pe focus kar aur main jo bol raha hoon wo sun. Aap sab bhi." the voice says. There was a different accent to his voice, making everyone even more curious about his identity.