𝟎𝟎𝟒

Mature themes and Language

-
-
-

AKI AND YOU WERE HEADING TO THE

first devil near one of the abandoned subways. Then you had to meet back up with division four for another devil. You didn't know why Makima always teamed you up with Aki alone, besides working well together.

"It smells around here" Your face scrunched up in disgust as you smelled the devil near. Aki looked towards you and tilted his head.

"You have a good sense of smell, I don't smell anything" Aki turned his attention toward you, as he continued to walk.

"Yeah, I've gotten that a... WATCH OUT!" Aki turned towards where you were looking. A large tiger-like devil swiped its claws at him. You jumped toward Aki and pushed him out of the way.

"Shit, I should've been paying more attention" Aki looked at the devil, not realizing that he was sitting on top of you.

"Are you okay- oh. Oh! Sorry" Aki quickly stood up, a bit embarrassed. He held his hand out, so you grabbed it. Pulling yourself up.

"You're lucky your friend saved you, you would've already been my meal for the day" The devil spoke up as it licked its paws.

Aki put his hand into a fox shape, ready to distinguish the sassy devil.

You grabbed his wrist and stopped him. Aki turned towards you, confused.

"No need to be hurt when there are more devils to dispose of later," You said as you let go of his wrist, and balled your hand into a fist.

The tiger devil jumped at you but failed to realize what was next. Your usual e/c eyes had a burst of flames in them.

Aki was going to warn you of the devil jumping at you, but couldn't in time.

"Boom" Your bawled fist opened as you spoke, and the tiger devil exploded into flames as pieces, in a blink of an eye.

All you needed was the simple thought in your mind and it happened.

Blood was splattered everywhere, on you and Aki. Aki had never really seen your powers before. He didn't see anything wrong with you physically, so he questioned if you had a contract with a devil.
—————————————

"How'd you do that?" Aki questioned as he wiped the blood off his face. He saw you look over at him.

"Maybe if you buy me a drink tonight, I'll tell you" You chuckled, not taking your request seriously.

"Deal" Aki simply stated as he opened the car for you. Your face stayed neutral but god were you dying inside. Did he just agree to a date? No, he just wants to get to know you... as friends.

The car ride to pick up the rest of division four was quiet. After picking them up though...

"What if there's like ten devils!? What if we can't handle them all!?" Kobeni asked as she started to get freaked out.

"Shut your mouth Kobeni!" Arai yelled as he shook his head. Himeno yawned loudly, as she re-adjusted her eye patch.

"Hey Y/N, You know, if you still want that kiss on your cheek, I'll be glad to-" You stopped Himeno, from saying any more.

"No thank you, Himeno." You sat back in your chair and looked out the window.

Aki suddenly stopped as he saw Denji on the floor. You looked towards the scene and so does everyone else.

Everyone hops out of the car as Aki got into action. His hands quickly went up into the shape of a fox.

"Kon" A large fox devil appeared out of nowhere and ate the large devil. Smoke appeared everywhere and Denji and Power looked over at all of division 4.
—————————-

Eventually, everyone was okay and reported back to Makima. Nighttime had fallen and you were about to clock out. Aki called out your name and you looked toward him. Even after a long day of work, you still looked great.

"So...drinks?" Aki asked, wanting to be sure you weren't kidding. Even though you aren't too sure about sharing important details about yourself, you didn't want to miss out on hanging out with Aki.

"Yeah, the bar up the street?" You ask though Aki had something else in mind.

"I was thinking of my place if you want. I was just thinking it'll be more private. You can also spend the night if you want" Aki said as he had the smallest smirk on his face.

"Yeah, come on let's go!" You grab his arm and pull him along to his car. The two of you got in and drove to his apartment.

Now the two of you sat at the table as Aki poured you the shot glass of Sake. The two of you talked about work for a bit as the shots kept going. Both of you had a high tolerance so it took a while.

But while Aki was talking about his past, the both of you felt the alcohol kicking in.

"It was snowing, we were having a snowball fight. And.. then I told him to get his gloves and it all happened so fast. My home, my family, my whole life was blown away in a second" Aki said as he gazed at you. You frown as you listen to Aki's story.

"I'm sorry, that happened Aki. When the gun devil hit, it caused me a lot of trauma too" You remember the day like it was yesterday.

"I was around your age and I was in town with my Mom, and then everything came flying. I was stuck under debris, basically about to die. Then.. a woman showed up, and saved me. Her name was Makima" Aki's eyes widened as this was the first time he's ever heard about your backstory, even if it was just a small piece.

"I can see why she trusts you a lot," Aki said as he took another shot. You followed after him and laughed.

"Yeah, you could say that," you said as your hand met his. He looked down at your hand touching his, feeling the tension.

He eyed your lips, the way they moved when you talked. The pretty s/c they were, and he even imagined how soft they felt. You could feel the same. You didn't know if it was the alcohol that was making the room slightly spin and get hot or if it was Aki himself.

Without knowing, the two of you leaned in across the table and kissed. Aki hummed as he felt content. You grabbed his jaw and pulled him closer.

Aki placed his hand behind your head and continued to kiss you. The two of you pulled away, for air and looked away from each other.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to do that. I didn't invite you over to just" Aki scratched the back of his head awkwardly. You smiled and stood up.

"It's okay Aki, come on... have a cigarette with me" The alcohol still taking high effect, and you head towards his balcony.

"Yeah, right... let's have a cigarette together"

A/N

Sorry, this chapter took a bit, school has been so long. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Aki content IENCJSNDJNS.

Bye luvs <333