Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Beth POV

Beth was walking through the dining room on the way to the kitchen when she heard a woman cry out. She rushed into a sunporch off of the room to see Una beating a maid with a thin stick. The woman was crying out and hunched down.

“Stop!” Beth yelled, walked over, and stood in front of the maid.

Get out of my way, whore. This is none of your business.”

Beth looked behind her, bent, and helped the woman up. “Go. I’ll come to see how you are doing later.”

The maid curtsied and rushed from the room.

Beth turned her attention back to Una. “What gives you the right to abuse someone and for what?”
“She was not doing her job.”

“Which one?” Beth asked.

“I found dust on the windowsills. This is a family issue and not one you’re involved with. You are here to spread your legs for my stepson, and that is it.”

Beth felt a ball of emotion stick in her throat that she fought down. “I’m not a whore, and I won’t be called that. From what I understand, I am a part of this family, so you better get used to it.”

Beth cringed away when Una lifted the stick and brought it down on her back several times.

Beth was so shocked she did not fight back. She heard Una cry out, and she flinched at the hands that grabbed her.

“Sweetheart, it’s me, Jungkook. Let me help you up to our room.”
Beth nodded and stood, trying her best to walk with dignity even with her back on fire.

“Take Una into my office and keep her there,” Jungkook said.

“Yes, sir.”

Jungkook helped Beth up the stairs. He led her into their bathroom and started taking her clothes off.

“I’m okay, Jungkook. I probably should not have interfered and instead came and got you.”

He paused and stared at her reflection. “You’re apologizing to me because you were trying to protect someone?”

She tried to smile. “You make me sound stupid.”

“Baby, you’re a sweet person, and I adore that about you. If you had walked past without doing anything, I would have been upset.”

She exhaled and then nodded.

He continued to strip her until she was naked.

“Goddammit,” Jungkook said.

She tried to twist around to see it. “I doubt it broke the skin, right?”

“How can you be so calm about this?” he asked.

She smiled over her shoulder at him. “Because I think you’re freaking out enough for the both of us.”

She was glad to see his shoulders relax. “You can’t kill her, you know.”

“Dammit.” He snorted. “I’ll try not to.”