The Answer

6:32 PM

"Bye, guys!" (Y/N) waved at Ross and Robert.

"Goodbye!" Robert grinned while his friend remained quiet and waved at her.

She joyfully walked away, enjoying her day. It was still a little early, so she thought about going elsewhere. Quickly, she made up her mind. She was going to that lovely park with a lot of trees.

-
-

(Y/N) was peacefully strolling along the sidewalk, so close to her destination. She saw an ice cream truck slow down next to her, which made her stop her track.

"Hey, kid- uh, teenager." The man leaned on the truck's window and glanced at her with a big grin that screamed stranger danger. "Want some ice cream? I promise you'll enjoy it."

He had black hair, wore a plain yale blue shirt, and on the top of his head, he had a typical hat that ice cream vendors wear. Now, what did this guy want?

"...I-I don't have any money, sorry." She stuttered as her blood ran cold. Yep. This is most likely a kidnapping tactic.

"That's okay." He softly spoke. "Where are you heading at?"

Oh, how much she wanted to run away at that moment, but anything could backfire. "My friend's house." She lied.

"How about," The man looked at her mischievously. "You get inside my car, and I'll drive you there."

"No, thank you. I'd rather go alone." She answered, slightly shaking. Did he think she was stupid?

The man's smile immediately dropped. "Whatever." He went back to the front seat. "You're not a kid anyway."

As he said that, he drove away, leaving (Y/N) deeply confused and terrified. She had so many questions. She couldn't think straight anymore, so she ran to her destination as if it was her last.

When she reached it, she felt like throwing up on the ground out of pure exhaustion. She looked up and saw her friend, Susie, with someone else. She didn't care, only focusing on her best friend.

"Susie, you won't believe what happened. I almost got abducted!" She looked down again to catch her breath. "Oh, jeez, give me a second."

"Shit," Susie muttered.

(Y/N) heard her and raised her head. "What's-" Her eyes widened. "Roy?"

When she saw her best friend and her bully (who was now her possible crush) together, she felt her heart drop, forgetting everything that had previously happened with that ice cream creep - that didn't matter to her anymore.

What baffled her was that Susie was with Roy. Oh?

The brunette's friend wasn't mad; she was confused. Did they become friends? If so, how and when? What the hell?

Her train of thought ended when Roy stood up. "(Y/N)." He sighed. "Can I talk to you for a second?"

Her blood ran cold. Did they turn against her?

"Yeah, s-sure." She gulped.

Susie blinked. "...I guess I should give both of you alone time." She quickly left the scene.
_______________________________

"Ross," Robert looked at his friend. "Do you think Roy and (Y/N) like each other?"

Ross scoffed. "Duh. Remember how red she got when we told her what Roy said?"

"Yeah, it's kinda weird, though." The blond boy scratched the back of his head. "I thought they hated each other?"

"Well, maybe they're lovers in disguise." Ross chuckled, hands stuffed in his pockets. "Bitter lovers."

Rob tilted his head in confusion. "Why do you think that?"

"I mean, it's obvious." The boy with the beanie spoke with a smug look on his face. "Roy never targets girls his age."

Robert raised an eyebrow and lightly snickered. "...If he actually likes her, then bullying is an odd way to hit on someone."

"He's unique like that, sometimes. You know." Ross chuckled.

"Guys!" They heard a feminine voice behind them. Was that (Y/N)? It can't be. Her voice is different.

"Huh?" They turned around and saw the familiar brunette. "...Susie?"

"Guys, (Y/N) and Roy," She paused, panting from running too fast. "They're-"

"Making out?" Robert joked.

"What?! God, I hope not!" She recoiled. "I left them alone so they could talk, not to make out."

"Okay, okay," Ross raised an eyebrow. "Explain, Susie."

Susie nervously laughed. "I-It's a long story, but Roy and (Y/N) are making up. Not making out."

Ross and Robert looked at each other, mouth agape.

"So, are they going to date?" Rob asked.

Susie blinked. "...I don't know?!"

"We need to look at that right now." Ross declared, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Let's not." The girl stopped them from moving. "Give them alone time. They need it."

"Ooo, alone time..." Ross teased.

Rob grunted. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Ross. It's the fifth time this week."

"You're the one that said they were making out!" The black-haired boy defended himself, crossing his arms.

Robert sighed. "That was only one time, okay?" He rolled his eyes. They continued to argue, even with Susie in front of them.

She pinched her forehead; teenage boys. "Okay, I need to go for a bit. I have to check on my brother." She explained.

"That's fine." Ross gave her a quick thumbs up.

"Bye, Susie!" Robert waved.

"Bye." She said, walking away.

She roamed, wondering. What are (Y/N) and Roy doing right now? Hopefully not beating the shit out of each other. Or, like Robert had said - making out.

But, hey. If either were happening, it was none of Susie's business. She was trying to relax about this situation. However, Susie was not relaxed about her little brother. God, she hoped he hadn't done anything stupid.

Before she knew it, she was in front of her house. So, she quickly opened the door.

"Pump, I'm home!" Susie yelled. No response. He probably didn't hear her, so she needed to call him again. Right?

"Pump!"

No reply.

She looked at the couch, and her Grandpa was sleeping there. "Gramps?" She shook him, trying to wake him up.

"Hngh... What?" He muttered, barely opening his eyes.

"Have you seen Pump?" Susie asked. "Gramps?"

He was already fast asleep. Well, then. She has to take care of this herself.

She went upstairs. "Pump?" Again, no answer.

Maybe he was under her bed, ready to pull a prank? That was probably the case since it had happened once. Susie sprinted to her bedroom and looked under the bed. Nothing.

Just making sure she wasn't crazy, she got up and shouted one last "Pump!" but, once again, no answer.

Susie's heart dropped. She told him not to do anything dumb, and it seemed he didn't listen. It was probably her fault because, to begin with, why'd she even trust him? He's a little kid!

In a panic, she ran downstairs and went outside, searching for possible help. Susie didn't know what she was doing or where she was going; her mind was foggy because of hysteria. So, she just followed her feet.
_______________________________

"What you're saying is," (Y/N) raised an eyebrow. "You knew Susie all along?"

"Yes," Roy stated. "And I'm tired of acting like I don't."

"So, is that why you're apologizing?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "What about all the taunting?"

"I-"

"What about..." She quickly lifted her sleeve to show the bruise that he left a few months ago. "This!?"

Wait, it's not there? Fuck, it faded!

Roy looked at her wrist. "There's nothing there, idiot."

She quickly hid her hand behind her back out of embarrassment. "You'll see a bruise if you squint, okay?!"

Roy snickered. "If there's nothing on your wrist, I have nothing to apologize for!"

(Y/N) grunted. "What type of logic is that? You still stole my notebook and friggin' lost it!"

"I lied." He smirked. "I didn't actually lose it."

"You lied?!" She looked at him, red with anger.

"Yeah," He shamelessly admitted. "I'm not giving it back, though."

(Y/N) stood quiet and stared at Roy menacingly.

"...Unless you want it?" He said, chuckling nervously.

She sighed. "Whatever, you can keep it. It's not like I had anything bad in it."

"Are you sure?"

"What do you mean by that...?"

"Guys!" Susie yelled behind them. They quickly faced her, and her features were full of panic and terror.

"Oh god, Susie, what happened?" (Y/N) said, concerned.

"Please help me look for my brother!" The brunette begged.

"Jeez, okay," Roy spoke. He was also tense. "Calm down!"

"I can't find him anywhere. I'm worried..." Susie sighed.

"We'll help you, don't worry."

-
-

When they entered Susie's house, they heard the unpleasant noise of loud thumping. They flinched; It sounds like it came from upstairs.

"What the hell?" Susie furrowed her brows, looking at the ceiling. "We need to check that out." "C'mon, guys!" She went upstairs.

Roy followed her, then (Y/N). They looked at the roof again, and just when they did that, the thump came back, even louder.

"It's coming from the attic," Roy said.

"Do you think Pump's in there?" (Y/N) asked.

"That's a stupid question. My brother is too small to take out the stairs!"

"Touché."

"Alright, I'm gonna call Ms. Lila while you guys check that out." Susie sighed.

"Wait, when did we agree to this?!" Roy protested.

(Y/N) put a hand on his shoulder, making him jerk slightly. "Let her be."

"Tch, fine." He said as Susie went downstairs.

She sighed. "So, are we okay?"

Roy scoffed, then smiled lightly. "We're more than okay."

Interesting. (Y/N) returned the smile.

"Y'know what I mean by that, right?" He asked, smirking slightly.

Wait, what? "
N-No?" She spoke, looking away.

"We're more than friends now." He casually said.

Holy shit.
(Y/N) nervously chuckled. "B-Best frien-?"

"What the heck, Pump?!" Susie shouted from downstairs, interrupting the conversation.

"Ay, Susie," They heard a child's voice. Was that Pump? "Calm down!"

"Why were you inside the damn refrigerator?!"

"Get pranked!"

"Well, there he goes." (Y/N) said.

The girl jumped to reach the staircase and hesitantly pulled it until it barely touched the floor. "Imagine it's a rat." She snickered, putting a foot on one of the steps.

"Y'know, I'd like to think that it is." Roy swallowed nervously. Then, they started climbing up, unprepared for what they had to face.

Hey, at least they would face it together.