GETTING EVEN - CHAPTER I - AFTERMATH

============================================ 

GETTING EVEN 

by: reader27® 

============================================

2. CHAPTER I - AFTERMATH

EDMUND'S POV

"C'mon, mom. Stop crying. And Tina, stop clinging on to me like a baby. Geez... People are staring." I rolled my eyes as I try calming down my mom and Tina who were by the way clung onto me like a koala. They won't let me go and my flight had been called. They let me go as I stopped talking. Finally!

"Promise to call me when you got there, ok?" My mom said in between sobs. I'm not a child anymore! Why they can't understand that?! I'm fucking twenty-five years old!

"Whenever you feel lonely phone me and I'll fly there immediately. And when someone bully you call me and I'll kick his ass off to hell." Tina said with teary eyes. I stare at him.

"I'm not a freaking prep schooler, Tina." I said slowly emphasizing every word.

"Stop crying, mom. Or else I'll cancel my flight. Just say so---" I said to my mom hugging her but was cut off by my oh so loving mother.

"No! I'll stop crying. Go there and work hard, the company is waiting for you. If you cancel your flight, then what would they say?..." What the hell? I thought my mom is crying because she didn't want me to go? Can someone tell me what just happened? Is craziness run in our family? I guess so.

It's been three years since I step at this terminal. It's been three years that I worked hard, studied hard just to graduate and be a member of the society. And, it had been three years that I waited and longed for someone dear to me.

Just after I had graduated, I applied for a job online. And just my luck, a company hired me as a junior manager as my starting position and can be promoted if I did well. It's not really a business type of company as a matter of fact it's basically a hotel and function hall for special events but with the bg names connected to it, it was one of the most famous hotel in the area. But, what I'm happy about was that, the company was based in Los Angeles. 

I hugged mom and Tina one last time, and I walk to auntie and hugged him, too and at the same time say my goodbye.

"Take care of yourself there, ok? When you feel like going back, never hesitate to get back here. I'll miss you." Auntie said.

"I know, auntie. And don't worry, I'll be just fine there." I said reassuring not only auntie but also my mom and Tina as I take a glance at them.

I let go as my flight was called for the last time. Before I fully turned away at them, I take one last look at them, smile, and mouthed 'I'll miss you'.

VAN'S POV

It was a bright sunny day. I looked back to the days when I am still a student here on this school as I see high school students walk passed me. Some stares at me suspiciously. Well if I'm one of them, I too would stare at a man who would pass as a superhot model.

I sit at the usual place, at the mini park by the foot of the big willow three where the best day of my high school life happened and ended.

I carefully observed my surroundings. There's no change at all on this school, my Alma matter. Same buildings and some of my teachers are still there. I smile at one of my subject teacher take noticed of me.

I closed my eyes and feel as the cool breeze touched my face, going back to the time when Ed had kissed me. I smile, and feel a presence of someone near me.

"Hey!" He called up sitting beside me.

I open my eyes to see the person I had been waiting for almost three years now to see again, to touch and feel his warm skin touches mine. I smile looking at him trough his grey orbs with my black ones'.

"Ed."

"Have you waited long for me to come?" Ed asked.

"Yeah... but I go to the staff room first before going here to catch up with my former teacher and to say hi to them. Shall we go then?"

"Uhmm... Can we take a look around first, I miss this place and I want to say hi to my former teachers too."

We first went to the gym, it's still the same except the apparatus now are more complete and a lot of students are playing there. We take a look at our former home rooms and go see our former teachers at the staff room, and we even go to the Principal's office.

As we are walking the hallway, a girl with her blonde hair in pigtail looking cute blocked our way. The girl looks shy with her cheeks blushing so I approached her instead.

"What can I do for you?"

"A well... I-I I'm just curious if you two are together? I'm just curious. I'm sorry I shouldn't be asking those things." She immediately looks away as Ed and I slightly laugh at her actions.

"What can make you say that we're together?" Ed asked the girl.

"You two are holding your hands tightly? I think it's not normal for two young men?" The girls answered timidly.

Both and I looked at our tangled hands. Sure. The girls is right, we sure is holding our hands. I feel a blush crept in my cheeks.

"We are." I told the girl the truth.

The girl's eyes sparkle and she looks like she is in a fantasy world.

"Really? Wow!" She exclaimed. Ed and I exchanged glances feeling a bit weird to the girl's reaction.

"Are you not disgusted? I mean that is the initial reaction most people do when it comes to this thing." I asked the girl.

"Of course not! I'm not a homophobic person. I love homos for I was raised by my gay dads... well he and his lover adopted me. You two looks cute together, you're both handsome and gorgeous looking." The girl said in happily.

"Thank you for that. You are?" Ed asked the girls' name.

"Jana. Jana Lockheart."

"Thank you, Jana. I bet your dads are nice people." Ed continued as the bell suddenly rings the second time.

"I gotta go. Nice meeting you two." Jana said as she ran to her class.

"Nice meeting you too Jana!" We both shout at her for her to hear.

When Jana was out of sight, we turn our heels to our destination both holding our hands tightly as I secretly rejoicing inside me. 

"She's sooo cute." Ed said staring at me as he smile brightly. I look at him in the eyes. "What?" Ed asked.

"Nothing. I just still can't believe you're here with me, holding me. I love you; too much that I didn't know how to love anyone else except you." I smile and squeeze his hand gently.

"I love you too but before we make a scene here can we go somewhere and eat something. I'm starving."

"You really love food, don't you?" I said.

"But I still love you more than the food of course." He said quickly.

I held his hand tightly as we exited the school ground, our former school where our love story started.

*******