Chapter 20

I had previously tried to find my boyfriend's parents, but I failed. He had shown me pictures and I was completely ready to introduce myself. I dressed up a little with my baggy blue mom jeans and a cotton khaki turtle neck.

I'm not exactly nervous, but I still want to impress them. Especially because he speaks so highly of me all the time to literally everyone. I went grocery shopping with him just so Alex and I could get out of the hosue and spend some time together. That man was talking me up to every person that breathed in his general direction. Alex wouldn't shut up about us getting married on the way home.

The seats of the arena are crowded and I happened to sit next to a very big fan of the sport. Everytime the jammer passed soemone he'd jump right up and start screaming. As long as he doesn't jump on me again we'll be okay. If he does I'll fucking hit him. Okay calm Holden. Calm.

I go back to watching the chaos in front of me and quickly get lost in Kayson and how serious he looks. I joke with him that they all look so funny with their helmets and I'm not taking that back, but at the same time he's just always cute.

He has such a straight face now and I for some reason enjoy watching him send people to the ground. He doesn't look like it fazes him at all. Later he'll call me and tell me all about how he did this to someone and how he feels bad and wants to apologize, but in the moment he doesn't care.

Kyan's the jammer for the day and he is not very happy today. I mean he never seems happy but today is worse. What an angry boy. I can't help but mumble a few insults. I'll stay away from him today because I really can't afford to get in a fight.

The rest of the bout I keep my focus on a very tired but very attractive Kayson. When it's over I take my time to leave my seat, not wanting to awkwardly wait for him. That way when I see his parents waiting I can stay back. I don't want to jump the poor people.

I chuckle at my thoughts, but stay in the long line of people waiting to leave. My plan seems to work because when I join the groups of others I hardly have time to look for the two adults when the men, some in uniform some changed walk out. I wonder if he showed them a picture of me. He probably doesn't even have any pictures of me.

I try to hide my disgust when Kyan stomps out. His eyes flicker over to me and he temporarily straightens up sending me a wink. I cross my arms and rolls my eyes turning away more.

Thankfully my favorite teammate walks out next. I hurry over and the smile returns to his face when he sees me. "You did so good baby!" I cheer hugging him tightly. "Thank you" he whispers embarrassed.

"I couldn't find your parents beforehand" I sigh, but he shakes his head. "It's okay- they see me now anyway" he chuckles. I turn a bit to see the two adults from his pictures talking to that blonde. "Do they know Kyan?" I ask not hiding my distaste. "Uh yeah- they're really close" he whispers seeming unsure. I don't push it, but nod.

They continue to not so secretly steal glances at us. "Well should we go over there?" I ask taking his hand. "What about Kyan?" He asks and I shrug. "It's fine. I'm not going to be childish and hopefully he won't be either" I tell him walking towards his parents. Our fingers intertwine and lucky for me Kyan saw us coming. With a roll of his eyes he tells the two goodbye.

I watch as he leaves but put a smile back on my face as I look to the family. "Kayson! You were so good as always!" "Yeah good job kiddo" his parents pull him into hugs, so I quickly release his hand. His dad has the same unique eyes as him. The shape seeming so different but very attractive. His hair a silver blonde. He's very tall and very muscular which surprised me.

Kayson's mother's eyes are a very vibrant green which he obviously didn't get, but her hair is the same dark brown as Kaysons. It is short and wispy, a pixie type cut. Her green eyes are added to with darker makeup. Her looks make her seems quite the opposite of them all, but her stance says otherwise.

When Kayson thanks them they pull away. So I step up my boyfriend duties. "Hello Mr and Mrs. Peneth, I'm Holden, obviously your son's boyfriend" I smile holding my hand out for his dad first. He happily shakes my hand.

"Don't worry about the formalities. My name is Mark and I know Erica feels thes same way" he tells me. "Okay thank you" I nod turning to Erica. I don't get anytime before I'm pulled into a tight hug.

"I'm so excited to finally meet you I've been hinting at it forever. Oh my god you're real! You're so nice! And you're adorable!" She shouts looking me over. "Thank you" I laugh hugging her back.

"I apologize I was trying to find you before the bout started but there were way to many people" I tell them. They both assure me it is okay. "You're so cute! I'm just in love with you" his mother begins to gush and I can't help but chuckle grabbing Kayson's hand again. I can feel him turn to look at me but I decide to keep staring ahead.

"We both really should get to work, but Holden if you wouldn't mind you should join us for dinner on Friday." "Dad-" "The boys come around and have dinner with us once a week." Mark explains as Kayson squeezes my hand. "I'd love that! Thank you for the offer"

"Wonderful. I'm sure our son can pick you up and everything. So we shall see you on Friday" he adds and both of us are given a big hug from the two. "It was nice meeting you guys, see you Friday" I tell them. Saying our final fair wells.

"Well I think that went well" I cheer turning to my boyfriend as the two left the building. Erica practically bouncing of joy as her husband smiles at her.

"That went so well!" He cheers turning to hug me. I hug back before going on my toes, getting a quick kiss. "You did so well today" I say again and he just pulls me in for another quick kiss.

"I'm shocked that went so well- also if you don't want to go I'll tell them you got sick or something" He tells me but I shake my head. "No I want to go" he seems nervous. Unsure? "Do you not want me to go?" I ask, confused by his recation. "Is something wrong?" I continue. He shakes his head letting it fall to bury himself in my neck.

"Are you busy?" He whispers his hands gripping my shirt tightly. "I just have to pick Alex up from school in a few hours that's all" I tell him. "Can you just stay with me, like the bar. When we cuddled in the truck... I need it" he pleads his tone sounding sad.

"Of course we can" I tell him. He gives me a thankful, yet sad smile. I lean over grabbing his bag for him. He tries to take it, but I give him my hand instead. "Lead the way" I smile. He smiles back, walking us away from the building.

I get into the back putting his bag on the passenger side seat as he gets in the driver's seat rolling the windows down a little bit for the breeze. When they're good enough to keep everyone else out, but keep us from dying from the heat he joins me in the back.

"Are you okay?" I ask rubbing my hand over his collar. "Mhmm. Kyan was just being an ass and now I'm worried about dinner" he sighs dropping his head back. I get onto my knees and sit on my feet before pulling his head to my chest. He leans against me closing his eyes.

"I'll beat his fucking ass- now what can I do to make you not worry about dinner" I ask and he still. "Just don't hate me- I don't know how to like solve an issue" he tells me, only seeming to deflate. "I won't hate you" I answer grabbing his head again to make him look at me.

His eyes flicker to my lips and I smile. "Do you want a kiss?" I ask rubbing my thumb over his cheek. "I want a kiss, but more. Not just a peck..." he begins to trail off. I nod shifting off of the seat.

"Lay down, I'll do all the work" I coo. With a flustered look, he lets me lay him onto his back. I straddle his lower stomach and lean over our lips inches apart.

"I don't like when you're sad Kayson" I whisper dipping in to kiss him lightly. "I'm sorry" he apologizes, so I pull back. "No apologizing, you just need to tell me how I can help when you become sad" I explain. My hands sliding up his chest.

"Okay" he breathes out out his eyes flickering between mine and my lips. I lean back in slowly until both of our lips meet for a much more passionately kiss.

I don't pull away as he happily gives in letting me lead the kiss. His hands tighten onto my back pulling me closer, and I softly press my lips against his. One of my hands moves up to mess with his hair. He's breathing heavy and I can't help the smug smile that appears on my face. Just knowing I am getting such a reaction out of him.

"Feeling any better?"

"Yes- yes... more please"