A Fishing Disaster

"I'm going to head over to Impulse and Bdub's to get them to help me enchant!" Scar shouted over his shoulder as he mounted his horse.

"I'll work on the base!" Grian shouted, and Scar rode his horse towards the modern home of Bdubs.

-

"Hey Scar!" Impulse welcomed.

"Hey Impulse." Scar said, getting off his horse.

Bdubs walked out of their house and Scar whistled.

"Looks like you got some shiny armor there. Mind helping me get some?"

Impulse and Bdubs looked at each other, but then Bdubs shrugged,

"Why not? I just went down there."

"Great!" Scar clapped his hands, and he rode off with Bdubs and Impulse to the Deep Dark.

"It's just down there." Impulse said, "I'm going to stay up here to eat for us in case you get in a pickle."

"Okay, love you." Bdubs said, waving goodbye to Impulse.

"Follow me." He then said, leading Scar into the Ancient City.

"Woah." Scar said, his voice echoed off the walls.

"Shhh!" Bdubs hushed as he pointed into the distance.

Scar squinted his eyes and saw a shrieker.

'Oh' Scar mouthed to Bdubs as they crouched on the wool path to the enchanter.

Halfway through, Scar and Bdubs heard someone blow their horn.

The horns can be heard from more than two miles away, but luckily the shriekers didn't set off.

Scar grabbed his horn and Bdubs grabbed Scar's hand, shaking his head.

'It's part of the horn club code' Scar mouthed, but Bdubs didn't let go of Scar's hand.

Scar sighed and put his horn away, continuing on the path with Bdubs.

But right when Bdubs let go, Scar blew his horn, setting off a shrieker.

"SCAR!" Bdubs shouted at him as the shrieker set off.

"That's one strike. Two more and the Warden will spawn." Bdubs hissed.

Scar shrugged and they made their way to the enchanter.

"I want you, Bdubs, to smack me if I take the enchanter. Tell me to put it down." Scar said before he started enchanting.

Bdubs nodded and stood outside of the little wool hut built around the enchanter.

When Scar finished enchanting, he didn't think about lowering his voice and made the shrieker go off a second time.

Scar and Bdubs were surrounded by darkness.

Now's the perfect chance.

Scar mined and picked up the enchanter, Bdubs not noticing.

"You'd think whoever made this wool house would make it safe against the shrieker." Scar whispered as they made their way back to the surface.

-

"Thanks, Bdubs." Scar said when they climbed up the stairs from the Deep Dark.

"Yeah, we're really lucky the Warden didn't spawn. You owe me." Bdubs said.

"Well, keep this quiet, but look." Scar showed Bdubs the enchanter and he gasped.

"You took the enchanter!? You told me not to let you!"