𝒗. pandora fawley.

CHAPTER FIVE ;
pandora fawley.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

OCTOBER 1971

THE LIBRARY WAS quiet that day. Contrary to what you may think, people actually enjoyed the library. The librarian was partially deaf, so people went in there at lunch to gossip when the cafeteria was too busy. However since the heating in there was so awful, most people avoided it in the colder months.

Layla sat down on one of the old stools and pulled her history book out, flicking to the Tudor section and laying it out on the table with her notes. It was a simple subject, one she could easily memorize after reading over it once or twice. The girl read over her notes a few times, adding a few missing dates and correcting her spellings.

The bell rang about fifteen minutes later, startling the girl. She let out a groan when she realized it was math next. The old librarian stood up and began shoving people out, coughing into her hand one in a while. She should probably retire, but Layla didn't think anyone else would take her place.

She stood up and grabbed her books, rushing out into the crowded halls and shoving her way into her math class. Several people bashed into her, making the girl scowl however tmhere was nothing much anyone could do about it in the rush. Her class was right at the end of the hall, and unfortunately most people were walking towards her rather than behind.

Once she got into her class, she made a beeline towards her seat so hopefully nobody else would sit there like they did the other day. Thankfully it was empty, although the girl sat in front smelt absolutely rank. She wrinkled her nose when she sat down, the smell making her gag slightly, and from the looks of it the boy next to her thought the same.

Fortunately, they had a substitute teacher that say, meaning they would probably do little to no work. The boys behind her were talking and laughing loudly. God they were annoying. She pulled out a piece of gum and tried to subtly unwrap it, however when she looked up, a boy with silver hair sat next to her had his hand out. Layla rolled her eyes, handing him a piece with a glare.

He grinned at her and turned back to the board, chewing happily. She scowled and looked down at her book, the numbers not making any sense whatsoever. Whatever, its not like she cared anyways.

Time was flying by, and it felt like only ten minutes before the bell rang, signaling the end of math. She quickly stood up and grabbed her books and coat, walking out the classroom quickly in hopes that she could avoid the crowd.

Luckily she was able to make it to the class without being shoved down the stairs in the rush of students. She leaned against the wall near the doors, waiting for others to enter first.

The brunette quickly pulled out a compact mirror and put on some lip gloss. Why the fuck does lip gloss taste so nice?

A few girls walked past her and into the classroom. Layla followed them and stalked over to her seat, pulling a pen out and tapping it on the table.

 Her teacher shut the door a second later and turned to face the class.

"Books away. Pandora, hand out these tests!" She demanded, turning to Pandora with a stern face. The girl quickly stood up and grabbed the books, tucking her hair behind her ears. She was quite tall, and had long, dark hair. From what Layla had heard, her friends had stopped talking to her the year prior after her older sister got pregnant at sixteen.