Chapter Eight

NOVA POV

Bion swung his tree trunk legs over the massive horse, holding the reins tight. He looked dashing, like a prince you could say, before he turned his grin my way. I hate to admit it but it made my knees tremble. Calder hopped into Bion's outstretched hand with an excited meow. I, on the other hand, didn't want anything to do with the stupid horse.

Bion wiggled his fingers under my nose. "Come on Kitten."

I stared warily at the thick legs of the horse as it stamped its hoofs impatiently. "Can't we just walk?" I pleaded but it fell on deaf ears when he leaned down and wrapped a muscular arm around my waist, hauling me up in front of him. Calder curled up on my lap while I held onto Bion's thighs with my claws digging in to make sure I didn't fall off.

Bion's breath tickled my ear as he wrapped his arms around me and cooed in my ear. He rubbed his scratchy jaw against my clean shaven one with a purr. I was still terrified but managed to return the purr. "You're doing amazing, Nova, amazing." He whispered while planting a kiss just behind my ear.

I shivered before noticing we were going at a trot. My hands tightened on his thighs even more as tears sprang to my eyes. Bion immediately stopped when he scented my fear. He managed to get me turned around with Calder squished between us, staring me in the eye with worry.

"Let me help you off and then we'll walk into town, okay?" He said and reached for my waist. I shoved his hands aside, wrapping my arms around his broad chest and burying my face into his shirt. Calder was clutched to my stomach as he napped.

"Please keep going." I told him and I felt him nod against my hair. I could feel the slight rocking motion of the horse.

Bion rubbed slow circles over my back while humming. It felt so nice that I must have drifted off to sleep because Bion was shaking my shoulder to wake me. I let him lift me off with Calder before watching as he easily swung down and placed the horse in a stall.

He returned to my side and nudged me into the crowd that surged through the market in the town center. Venders speaking different languages showed foreign wares while local ones had their store doors opened to invite in customers. All sorts of people were in front of me as I stared in awe. This was amazing! I had rarely seen someone whom looked different than me and if they did, it was only a minor difference.

Bion tugged me toward a little shop off to the side, warm air hitting me in the face and the smell of warm breads waking Calder from his nap. I rolled my eyes at our cub. He only woke when he smelled food.

Bion pointed out different breads behind the counter before ordering us each a pretzel. We moved outside and sat against the wall. I nibbled at my pretzel while Bion fed Calder his pretzel before eating his own. I shuffled closer to Bion as we cleaned our hands, nuzzling his bicep with my cheek. Bion pressed his lips to my head before standing, holding his hand out for me.

I took it and followed him around the market. He showed me all sorts of foods, clothes, and other little trinkets while speaking different languages. Bion bought Calder an assortment of balls to play with from different foreign vendors who each had a different one for a different sport.

"Bion?"

He looked over with a smile. "Yes, Kitten?"

"Can you hold Calder while I got to the bathroom?" I asked. Bion nodded, leaning against the wall of a shop as I headed to the woods.

I sighed in relief when my bladder was emptied, starting to walk back out when I spelt them. How had they found me this fast?  I had to get Bion and Calder away from here! I ran to where Bion was, clutching my two boys in a tight hug. Bion chuckled and hugged me tight too.

"What happened, scaredy cat?" He asked but I shook my head, smiling up at him.

"Nothing." I tugged on his hand, heading toward the stupid horse. "It's getting late, we need to head home."

Bion just nodded before lifting us all on. I clutched at him again the whole ride home, Calder still fast asleep. Bion handed off the stupid horse to one of his people before we headed back to our room. I laid Calder on the bed before pulling out a shirt and shorts to wear to bed.

"Nova come here please." Bion said. I laid the clothes next to Calder before walking over to the table where Bion held a little black pouch.

I stood in front of him, looking up into his handsome face. Bion cupped my jaw, leaning down to kiss me. I met him halfway on my tiptoes, loving the feeling of his lips on mine. Bion eased back and spun me around so my back was to him. I shivered as something cold and heavy laid gently on my collar bone and around my neck.

"Take a look in the mirror."

I raced into the bathroom, tears filling my eyes as I looked at the little dragon pendant. Bion appeared behind me with a smile. He spun me around again and placed me on the counter, stepping between my legs. His hands rested on my thighs while he placed feather light kisses on my face.

"Would you give me the honor of mating with me?" Bion whispered in my ear.

He really wanted me? He was willing to bind himself to me for the rest of our lives? I pressed a kiss to his lips again and again and again.

Bion chuckled, rubbing my jaw line. "I'll take that as a yes."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "I love you so much Bion."

Bion stilled, looking surprised before tears filled his eyes and spilled over. "I love you too."

A/N: I guess you guys know what happens next chapter... Anyway, the other jaguars are getting close and you get to meet those bastards soon :) Picture is the pendant Bion gives Nova.