Chapter 2

The sun was now beginning to set as Aang and Katara came to view. "Yay! Aang's back!" The children cheered, running up to him when he came close enough. I walk up to him as well, a bright smile on my face, glad to be by his side once more.

"I knew it!" Sokka shouted, pointing at Aang. "You signaled the Fire Navy with that flare! You're leading them straight to us aren't you!?" He shouted in anger, causing me to look at him in shock.

"Aang didn't do anything! It was probably an accident!" I shout back at him, returning his glare.

"Yah, Katara and I were on the ship and there was a booby trap and well ... we boobied right into it." He spoke with a hand on my shoulder, using his other hand to rub the back of his neck.

Gran Gran shook her head, taking a step forward, "Katara, you shouldn't have gone on that ship. Now we could all be in danger!"

"Don't blame Katara! I brought her there!" Aang defended, before looking down in sadness. "It's my fault."

"Aha! The traitor confesses!" Sokka called out. "Warriors away from the enemy! The foreigners are banned from our village!"

"That's fine by me." I growled lowly, glaring right into Sokka's blue eyes, betrayal filling up my heart.

"Sokka you're making a mistake!" Katara shouted, looking at Sokka desperately.

"No! I'm keeping my promise to dad!" My glare softened, as my stance relaxed, now I understand. "I'm protecting you from threats like them." Sokka said, gesturing to both Aang and I.

"Aang and (Y/N) aren't our enemy!" Katara persisted. "Don't you see? They brought us something we haven't had in a long time ... fun!" Katara pointed out.

"Fun?" Sokka questioned. "We can't fight firebenders with fun!"

"You should try it sometime." Aang spoke with an innocent smile, showing no hard feeling towards Sokka.

"Get out of our village!" Sokka yelled, before glaring right at me saying, "Now."

This time I didn't return his glare, instead I simply stared at him calmly, showing no other emotion. "Grandmother please!" Katara begged. "Don't let Sokka do this!"

"Katara, you knew going on that ship was forbidden." Gran Gran started, taking another step forward, her stare hardening. "Sokka is right. I think it's best if the airbender leaves."

Katara's eyes widened in shock, before anger replaced the shock, "Then I'm banished too! C'mon Aang, (Y/N)!" She grabbed my wrist and Aang's as she started walking away from the village towards Appa.

"Where do you think you're going?" I hear Sokka question from behind.

"To find a waterbender! Aang and (Y/N) are taking me to the North Pole!" Katara answered, as she continued walking towards the bison.

"We are?" I question, just a little bit confused.

"Great!" Aang responded with a bright smile.

"Katara!" Sokka shouted, Katara coming to a stop beside the bison. "Would you really choose him over your tribe? Your own family?" Sokka questioned, causing me to let out a sigh, looking over at Aang, both of us nodding to each other.

"Katara, we don't want to come between you and your family." Aang said, placing his hand on her shoulder for a moment, before walking past her, going towards Appa. I walked up, using my airbending, jumping up onto the bison's saddle.

"So, you're leaving the South Pole?" Katara questioned, a glimmer of sadness in her eyes.

"Thanks for penguin sledding with me." Aang answered with a small smile.