We're Being Punked Pedro (Kalaric)

Summary: Set in 1x3. Kat helps take down the gargoyle and protects Lizzie when it paralyzes her. What will happen?

It was a dismal night, as a human Kat approached the school. She'd just come from a prison world. She felt something off, as she approached. Then, never really being afraid of anything, she entered the school, despite the feeling of something being there that didn't belong.
A few minutes later, as she limped from her injuries, she saw a creature scratch a blond girl. It looked like a statue, which made her assume what it was. Being in a world like this though, it didn't surprise her much. And as soon as she saw it scratch her and the girl fall onto the floor, she intervened, standing between them.
"I don't think so. Leave the kid alone. I don't know why you're here, but you want her, you'll have to go through me first. You don't go after kids."
A moment after she told it that, she saw a few familiar faces. She knew Hope from her sense of power, but she knew the brunette from when they were little girls. And she definitely knew Ric. She was wary of what he'd do after the gargoyle was taken care of, but she didn't think he'd do much. She was human. So was Ric. And he didn't usually kill humans. Plus, now that she realized the blond she was protecting was one of his girls, she knew he'd be grateful, whether he showed it or not.
As the gargoyle turned around to look at the three, they began to try and take care of it. It wasn't working out too well, though.
"Josie, get your sister somewhere safe. Just in case things turn sideways," she told her. Then, when they were both gone, Kat helped Hope and Ric with the gargoyle, staying where she was, as she fought her injuries. She didn't know how much longer she could fight them, but she wanted to help protect these kids, so she didn't want to be a liability before the gargoyle was taken care of.
After a few minutes of a battle and when Ric went between the gargoyle and Hope to protect her, the battle ended, the gargoyle seeing Ric as a guardian.
As Kat heard Hope and Ric arguing after what Ric had done, Kat could feel her injuries getting the best of her, as her vision blurred.
Ric was in the middle of arguing with Hope, but stopped, seeing Katherine's state. Even though she was a horrible person as a vampire and demon, he'd seen her keep Lizzie safe from the gargoyle. Plus, she was only human. He knew he had to help her.
"Katherine," he said, and rushed over to her, just as she collapsed, unable to stay on her feet from her injuries anymore. He then knelt at her side, which was when he saw her injuries. There were some stab wounds, but also some wounds that looked to be from claws. She'd lost a lot of blood, was pale, and he could tell that her breathing was growing shallow. "Stay with me, Katherine," he encouraged, using a hand to apply pressure to her lower stomach wound. "Talk to me. What happened?" he asked her, both needing to know and knowing that he had to keep her awake. At least, for the time being.
As she felt pressure on her wound, she vaguely heard him.
"Prison world your girls made. Kai and a couple of your former students," she was able to tell him, as she felt the darkness approaching her.
When he heard that, he knew what she meant.
"I'm so sorry, Katherine. Just hang on a little longer," he encouraged, knowing that if it weren't for him sending his former students into that prison world his girls had created for Kai, Katherine wouldn't be injured right now. He looked at Hope. "Go get some towels and bandages." He then looked at Katherine again.

After Katherine had been taken care of and she had recovered, Ric was seated on her bedside, since she was in bed. It had been about a week since the attack now, so she and Ric had began to have a connection of some sorts. He'd even thanked her for what she'd done.