Memories uncovered

Yoon woke up earlier than usual. She hoped to be able to apologise to Lou for the day before. She promised to meet him again. And she danced the evening away. Such an untrustworthy friend.

She tidied her clothes, combed her yarn hair and tied it up into the usual pigtails. She looked into the mirror. She looked right into her own pink eyes. An unusual colour. She reached up to her pigtails. A factory defect gone unnoticed. She smiled. Certainly no child would like her. And she knew, she would certainly not like a child either. It didn't bother her as long as it didn't bother others. It was her secret. And her reason for never leaving. Children - something so desired by other dolls.

Something so undesired by her.

She spun around and hurried out the door. The sun was just rising and the streets of Imperfection were silent. A rarity in the always bustling city. Yoon enjoyed it. Despite Imperfection being a place to be imperfect at, it didn't really fulfill this goal.

Yoon couldn't have stood there with her past and secret.

Lou never got a second chance.

Imperfection was just a city with a different meaning of perfection.

They never talked about anything: Ox and Moxy refused to talk openly about the crimes committed by Lou, it's considered rude to leave out a party - since who would rather be alone than with the celebrating crowd. And seemingly you cannot show any feeling aside from happiness. Very imperfect indeed - the city is as flawed as the Institute of Perfection.

Yoon climbed up the hill that led up to the old Perfection district. She turned around to look at the first rays of the sun on the skyline. They lit up her eyes, scattering a thousand sparkles onto her pink iris. The same colour as the sunrise. She spun around and continued her way.

She started humming a random tune, polishing it into a clear song by the time she arrived at Lou's supply shed.

She knocked litghtly on the door. No answer. She knocked again. Still no answer.

"Lou?" - she called quietly. Still no answer.

She pushed the door and to her surprise it actually opened. She  stuck her head in. But the shed was empty. Not actually, because the cleaining supplies were the there. But Lou wasn't.

'Is he already working at this hour?' - Yoon couldn't believe it. Was this even legal according to labour laws?

Yoon spent her morning searching for Lou. By the time Wage opened her bakery she was as exhausted as if she hadn't even slept the night. At least that's how Moxy described her plopping down for a coffee and some cookies.

"Wage I think we should give Yoon an extra cookie." - she exclaimed, as if a single cookie could solve something like insomnia.

"Oh, it's very nice of you, but there's no need for it!" - tilted Yoon her head smiling.

"Take it as my gift!" - Wage laughed and put the cookie on Yoon's plate.

"Thank you, Wage!" - Yoon shook her head.

"Hey, Yoon, how much did you sleep?" - the pink uglydoll asked.

"Not much. I think the excitement from the party kept me awake."

"Yeah, it was your first party. But don't worry you'll get used to it, it's party here everyday!" - Moxi shouted, some dolls around shouting an energetic YES back.

Yoon smiled faintly.

"Oh. I forgot. It wasn't just your first party. I remember seeing you with a handsome ginger haired doll!" - Moxy teased her.