5- Childish Fights

Yn sat alone in a garden, the ghoul book rested in her lap as she carefully read through it. The day was peaceful, with the wind blowing softly every now and then. She'd happened upon a beautiful and massive garden within the ministry. Of course, she and Aether had covered it the day prior.

She was reading about water ghouls when she was interrupted by the wind suddenly blowing rather harshly. The pages flew back and forth with the harsh air and Yn's jaw dropped.

She heard a small chuckle and looked up. "Sorry, it's just that you look so upset by something so minimal," a ghoul stated, holding his hands behind his back.

Yn studied him, squinting her eyes. "... Mountain, right?" She questioned slowly. Said ghoul nodded and walked over to her. She glanced down. "Where are your shoes?!" She exclaimed, letting out a laugh.

Mountain sputtered as he giggled. "Who needs shoes?" He asked like it was obvious. He sat down beside her as she continued to laugh at him.

She looked into his radiating green eyes. "Your laugh is so pretty," she said, her words flowing out of her without filter.

Mountain paused and stared at her as he felt his face burn. He was glad to have his helmet to shield him. "Uh-uhm thank you," he mumbled shyly. Yn giggled at his sudden shyness. "That's adorable," she thought to herself, smiling.

She flipped through the pages as she tried to find the one she was previously on. Her eyes caught onto a page filled with bright greens. She flipped to it and read the subtitle. "Common Earth Ghoul Traits" it read.

She glanced at Mountain. He was an earth ghoul. She quickly looked back at the book and began scanning through it. "You have powers that calm others? And you can grow nature?" She mumbled curiously.

Mountain peered over at the page. "Yeah, something like that," he replied quietly. He pointed to a paragraph. "It uses up energy whenever a ghoul uses their abilities. For example, when Sodo is angry and he explodes he gets tired and falls asleep afterwards," he explained.

Yn glanced at the page. "Earth ghouls are naturally calm and collected, but when they become exhausted after using their powers they tend to become frantic and agitated," it read.

She looked back up at Mountain. "So this book, it's all just information about different types of ghouls?" She asked, furrowing her brows. Mountain nodded. She turned back to the book. "So essentially, I'm studying you guys, huh. Doesn't it feel like I'm sort of invading your privacy?" She inquired, beginning to feel a little bad for reading so much of the book already.

He chuckled and shook his head. "No. It's actually better if you know more about us if you're going to be spending a lot of time with us from here on out. When us ghouls lose our cool- and Sodo does that a lot- it can be dangerous so knowing what to do in those situations would be safe." He stated.

Yn hummed and nodded in understanding. "Okay. I think I get it," she responded. "Is Sodo the most dangerous?" She questioned curiously. He nodded at her. "So I should probably read about him first, right?" She chuckled.

He smiled at her. "Probably," he agreed in a joking tone.

~•~

Yn slowly walked down the hall. She was searching for the ghouls' dining hall. Yep, they had their very own, personal dining hall. Yn found it a little weird, but knew she'd probably figure out why when she finished the book filled with all the information related to the ghouls.

She opened a set of doors and slowly walked inside. A few heads at a large table turned to her. She smiled awkwardly at all the stares and mustered a wave. She walked over to an empty seat near the end of the table. It just so happened to be next to a certain fire ghoul.

As she sat down she heard him growl. "You made us wait," he hissed out. Yn looked at him and gave him an apologetic face.

Aether sighed and shook his head. "Ignore him. He's just moody he was made to wait to eat." He chuckled.

A piece of food was thrown at him. Yn looked at Sodo in surprise. She felt the heat and anger radiating off of him.

Aether simply wiped the food off his mask with a napkin. He narrowed his purple eyes at the fire ghoul. "That was immature," he said.

Sodo scoffed and threw another piece of food at him. He smirked as Aether frowned. He threw another piece, yet this time it landed on Cumulus. She turned to glare at him. Childishly, she stood up and threw food back at him.

This went on and on until eventually food had hit everyone and everywhere. Rain, Mountain, and Yn stood off to the side as they watched the chaos unfold. Rain was still trying to wipe some off of him, to no avail of course. It only smudged onto his clothes even more.

Yn frowned. "Sorry, I didn't mean to cause all this," she said apologetically. She couldn't take her eyes away from the continuing scene.

Both Mountain and Rain sighed. "It's not your fault. This type of thing happens all the time," Rain muttered. Yn looked at both of them. They each looked more tired than anything. She glanced back at the food fight in front of them. She felt kind of bad that they had to endure this type of thing all the time.