Chapter Six

Later that day, Sybille was awake and still holding Tatiana when she awoke as well. The former Grand Duchess snuggled into her girlfriend, and breathed in her scent, trying to remember that she was there, safe with Sybille. Sybille rubbed Tatiana's back as Tatiana spoke. "I want to do this forever." Syb didn't think anything of the statement, only that Tatiana was talking about her bit of forever. But what her girlfriend said next shocked her. "I want to become a Vampire." Sybille's mouth dropped open in shock. Tatiana sat up on her elbow and looked at her, repeating her statement. "I want to become a Vampire."

"Are you sure? You need to be sure; you cannot turn back after the process starts."

"I am absolutely sure. I want to be with you for eternity, and I never want to feel that vulnerable again." The former Grand Duchess explained. "If I had been a Vampire, I could have saved my parents."

"Oh, My Love. No, they did not want to go. You, in no way, caused their deaths." Sybille tried.

"I know, but I could have done something earlier. Maybe have killed the guards and taken us away."

"That never would have worked, or we would have tried it."

Tatiana took Sybille's hand. "I never want to not be able to protect my family again. If there is a next time, I will fight harder and better, as a Vampire."

"If this is what you wish, then I will not fight you." Syb sighed. "I am worried, however, that you rushed this decision because you lost your parents."

"No, I have been considering this since we were taken to Ipatiev House." Tatiana explained. "I have thought long and hard about this and I have made this decision with a clear mind."

"Very well, then we will discuss it with Tess as she will be the one to turn you."

"Thank you for accepting my decision."

Sybille pulled the woman she loved into her arms. "I would support you in anything, My Love."

------

A few days later, with George present, Sybille and Tatiana discussed her turning with Tess.

"Our biggest issue is where to do it." Syb explained. "We do not want to leave England, it is not safe to do so yet, but we need a desolate, urban area to keep her away from humans."

"Perhaps you could use Harwood House." George suggested. "The Lascelles have offered it to us many times as they are trying to arrange a marriage between their son and my daughter, Mary."

"That would work well. Thank you for suggesting it."

In the end, the Lascelles agreed, not knowing the real reason for them going there. George claimed that his young cousin had lung issues and needed the fresh air for a while. They were not about to tell them the truth.

------

The hardest part of the process came next; telling Tatiana's family. Sybille, Tess, and Tatiana sat with Lisette and the other royal children in the morning room explaining their story.

"You are a...Witch?" Olga asked. "A Witch who practices the magical arts?"

"Yes, as is Lisette." Sybille confirmed.

"I never believed them to be real until now." Olga looked to Tess. "And you are a Vampire?"

"I am, I have been for some time." Tess told her. "And if any of you want to turn we can do the same for you."

Olga nodded in understanding and sat back in her seat, completely ignoring the part where Tatiana revealed she was in love with Sybille.

Maria, however, was fuming. "How could you do this?"