Chapter Two

(Written September 25, 2022)

(Publish May 09, 2024)

'This is a pretty house...' I thought, while looking at the house that is barely run down. The house was a two story with a small porch, it had some rocks and pebbles round the small house. It honestly made it look cozy, but I could see that some of the stuff hadn't been taken care of. Everything just looked messy, like someone really didn't have the time to take care of it. I looked away from the poor garden and slowly walked up the small staircase to the door. I stopped right in front of the door. The door handle looks easy to open. 

I tried to open the door but like, how do you open a door?? I'm now standing in front of the door staring at it because I don't know how to open it. Now thinking about it feels complicated, like way too complicated. 'Who made the door knob?' I continued to stare in thought, until I forgot was I asked myself. Remembering about the door in front of me I lift my hand to try and open it, but it wiggled it. 'Maybe I don't slap it?' After about what felt like hours when it was really just 15 minutes fumbling with the knob and finally I opened it.

Pushing the door open looking in the inside I see that it was dim with enough light source. The floors were dusty and the walls' paint looked chipped, there was also little to no furniture here. Just a long chair, and a barely usable cushioned chair. Nothing on the walls nothing in the middle, just plain like an empty field.

I started feeling happy, not knowing the reason why I decided to just ignore it. I started to explore the rest of the small abandoned house. Walking into a room with questionable stuff in it

'What was the name again?' I was lost in thought for a minute trying to figure out. After about two minutes it finally hit me, 'This is the kitchen, I think that's what humans called it.' I know I won't be able to pronounce it later so I'm gonna call it something else, like 'food room' or something like that.

I walked out of the kitchen to then look at other things like the up and down, the smaller rooms with floating things and bigger rooms with another room attached. It feels so complicated to look at these and remember them. All the walls in each room was chipping further from life. Continuing to walk in random directions just makes me feel like I shouldn't keep doing this. I'm starting to feel colder and from what I see it's also starting to get darker but slowly. I was confused as to why it was getting darker. 

'Are they blocking the sun?' I went to look out the window in the first room, just to see that the clouds up in the sky not only blocked the sun but it was also getting dimmer around the area. 'Wasn't it just lighter in the area?' I started thinking to myself, when really I was just blank for a moment until I remembered that beings need to sleep but sleep at 'night'. 'Is this what nighttime looked like?' I looked out the window for a little more and walked away. I'll try to 'sleep' as humans say but how?