Chapter One

(Written August 6, 2022)

(Published June 9, 2023 )

It was a typical, cloudy day, people- Did you think that I was writing about people? This book is called "Becoming Human" for a reason, lol.

It was a cloudy day, and the clouds were, are they talking? Ah yes, they were whispering and talking about a cloud that wanted to breathe, to walk, to... be sentient. The cloud wanted to be like a human, they wanted to live like a human. Heck, even an entity would do! They just want to experience things. The cloud got their silent wish, and their wishes and hopes were answered. When the cloud finally touched something, their vision became clear. Everything was close..... Everything was close. Are they 'dreaming' as some humans would say? 

They looked down, 'are these lank arms?' They thought as they looked at their so-called links. Sooner, looking further, they looked troubled. 'Are these feet or stubs?' They didn't want to ponder about their body anymore, so they looked at the stuff covering their body. 'Is this a reminder of what I used to be?' They looked at what used to be them covering certain parts of their body. 'Looks so fluffy.' They tried to touch the old them, but it just made an indent when they tried to touch the old them, almost like avoiding their fingers.

So without a sound they stopped. Looking around for the first time they seem to see more clouds, more of their original being in the area. They tried to find any beings walking or hanging out, but they saw nothing but the light gray haze. Why is everything blurred and somewhat far away? They wanted to get used to their new body, the new feeling. 

So with not enough experience they started to walk. You might as well call it drunk walking or stumbling. It was like balance wasn't on their side. They didn't know where they were going but they felt the need to go somewhere. They continued to stumble in the unknown area that they were in.

While in the unknown park as they guessed it was, there weren't any beings there. They did stumble upon a clear pathway, the hazy seems to have at least lifted up a little. Making the former cloud think that it was morning and not many people are there. 

They were slowly walking without stumbling, but it was a slow process. They soon stopped walking and stood in front of a somewhat old house that's in good condition but a little old and worn. Why did their legs lead them here? They slowly turned to get a better view of the place but only got a blurred haze of grass and the pathway long faded away.