(Episode 1) Chapter 6

– April 06, 2020, 04:05 PM –

–Seolrok Homes Share House, 410-8 Pyeongchang-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea –

Once everything was settled, Suho gave them their payment and the group made their way out of the shared house.

"Well, that certainly wasn't the simple case we thought we accepted. Those housemates had a ton of secrets." Jaesuk mentioned.

"We did air out quite a few of them through our investigation. They live in one house, they should at least open up to each other more." Sejeong added her two cents.

"And hey, Kwangsoo. Get over here. We need to talk about you. Why did you do that?" Jaesuk asked the tall detective.

"Why did you do that?" Sehun seconded.

"It's a long story." Kwangsoo stated.

"Keep it short. I don't have time." Jaesuk told him.

"I got a text message." Kwangsoo started to say.

"Okay." Sehun answered him.

"It said if I handed over the chip...I'd get paid." Kwnagsoo finished the statement and the look on the team's face said it all, even Jaesuk sighed in frustration.

"So... Hold on. I know you may get the wrong idea. I didn't do it just to benefit myself. I did it so that we could use it to build a new office." Kwangsoo defended.

"Even if we did that, you should've told us. How could you take off with the chip?" Jaesuk scolded him.

"For years." Sejeong added salt to the wound.

"Did you get paid?" Sehun asked the million dollar question.

"But it turned out it wasn't the chip they wanted." Kwangsoo said.

"What?" Minyoung asked in disbelief.

"I handed over the chip, but...Whether the chip was broken or it wasn't the chip they wanted, they were furious at me. I managed to get away and I heard them say... They mentioned something about a list." Kwangsoo recalled.

"So you don't know what's inside. You couldn't verify the content." Minyoung told him.

"I wanted to hire a hacker, but I had no money." Kwangsoo said.

"So do your job right. Seriously." Jaesuk nagged at him before turning to the other four members.

"And good work today, guys. Good work." He complimented as he shook their hands.

"Thank you." They responded.

"It's cold. When did it get so cold?" Jaesuk wondered as he pulled his jacket close.

"The sun-" Kwangsoo was about to say when they heard a scream.

"Oh, gosh!"

"What was that? What is it?" Jaesuk asked as they all looked around. There was another loud scream.

"What was that?"

"What?"

"What was that sound?"

"It came from inside the house." Sunmi pointed out and everyone made their way back in.

"Hey. What was that sound?"

"What is it? What's wrong?" All 6 of them reached the floor where Suho and the other tenants were.

"It was Gruntrack." He informed the detectives.

"I'll open it." Sejeong volunteered.

"What was that? Gruntrack?" Kwangsoo asked again as Sejeong knocked on the door after realizing it was locked.