42: Warning: There's Some Plot For Once (im sorry)

The two teenagers walked in silence.

There was so much to be said, and so much between them, but they had both reached the silent decision that they were content in simply nothing more than silence.

They hadn't really had much in the way of a conversation nor any time together over the past few weeks, and perhaps this was what this really served, and not just an ambiguous text from Ryan Ross requesting that Frank came over, involving the words 'urgent', 'important', and now.

And then of course, Gee had gotten uptight and insisted that it would be 'dangerous' for Frank to go out on his own in the dark, and everyone knew he was being ridiculous, but Gee was stubborn and most certainly wouldn't budge nor heed any form of explanation whatsoever.

And with that, Mikey had offered to go with Frank, after having walked into the kitchen for nothing more than a glass of water, because his lips were chapped and faded.

It was perhaps the whole situation with Mikey and his family that had kept him from having any kind of time with any of his friends lately, because getting disowned by your mother was indeed particularly stressful, even if you had a brother who cared about you enough to let you stay with him without question, because the situation of being rejected by the one person who was supposed to love you and care for you without question was not a situation anyone wanted to be in.

Frank had been in Mikey's vicinity an awful lot, seeing as he practically lived with Gee, but the two had been just a little too distracted with one another for Frank to really uphold and kind of conversation with Mikey where he could look the taller boy in the eye.

Mrs Iero had been hesitant at first regarding the matter of her seventeen year old son spending practically every waking hour at his boyfriend's house, but she'd talked it over with a lovely woman called Janet from work, and lovely Janet, whom Mrs Iero often spoke heavenly praises of, had explained that Frank was almost an adult, and if he really loved his boyfriend then he'd want nothing more than to spend all the time he could with him.

Of course explanation did little to solve the weird motherly feelings in Linda Iero's heart, but lovely, amazing, heavenly Janet had offered to spend time with her to help her accept that her son was growing up, and through such practice, the two had developed somewhat of a tightly knit friendship: gal pals, you could even say.

Frank had seen his mum and Janet together more times than he wanted to count particularly, and being a flaming homosexual himself, he did begin to develop the slightest sneaking suspicion that the nature of the interactions between lovely Janet and his mother were perhaps just a little less heterosexual than they 'should be', however, the subject of his mother's sexuality was not something Frank, or anybody, found themselves particularly comfortable discussing.

But in the silent, street light lit, late night walk across town, the subject reared its head.

"Mikey, this is going to sound weird, but I think my mum has a girlfriend."

The taller boy stopped in his tracks, turning to face Frank, and scrutinising his face for any signs of badly executed humour or the faintest remnants of a smirk, but there was nothing of that nature to be found, and forced Mikey to string together some sort of awkward and badly strewn response. "What?"

"I think my mum has a girlfriend." Frank repeated himself, being to walk again, at somewhat more of a slower pace than before, but one that Mikey still found himself a little too shell-shocked at to catch up with. "Janet, 'lovely, heavenly, amazing, wondrous, beautiful Janet', Janet from work, Janet who's a psychic on the weekends, and Janet who believes that somehow she's a dachshund in an alternate universe."