31: Brendone With Your Shit

Brendon wasn't himself lately, but then again with the double break up, that was really to be expected, but it just wasn't that - Brendon hadn't been himself in a long time now.

His life had become a sit at home and lock himself in his room for hours kind of ordeal, and really, nobody had even noticed enough to care, and perhaps that was okay, and perhaps it wasn't: he couldn't tell the difference between reality and the opinions of his sick, twisted, arrogant head anymore.

But he wasn't depressed: he didn't spend every second of his life with the barrel of a gun pressed up against his temples, he didn't spend each night with a blade pressed against his wrists, and he didn't go through his days in a pit of self loathing with no hope of escape.

This was something else entirely.

And this was something that had started several months ago now, this had started when his sister, Kara, came home for the first time in years, and his mum hadn't even said a word - it had been a glare and then drink it away kind of affair, and Brendon could barely even make eye contact with his older sister before his mum was out the door and on the way to her boyfriend's house, like a fucking thirteen year old.

And then, Brendon had to tell her, because his mother hadn't- his mother never fucking bothered, and Brendon couldn't believe it at all, and his heart almost seized up in his chest when his twenty four year old sister asked him where dad was, and Brendon had to tell her that he shot himself two years ago.

Kara drank all the alcohol in the house that night, and had passed out on the sofa around midnight, leaving Brendon to stay up all until his mum got home at four in the morning to let her, and her boyfriend in.

Her boyfriend was an asshole - a fucking asshole who clearly wanted nothing but money and a fuck, and yet, somehow, his mum had drunk enough alcohol to manage to convince herself that she loved this man. At least the guy didn't technically live with them, but he definitely spent a great deal of his time at the Urie household, and Brendon couldn't help but wonder if the guy actually had a home of his own, or if he just wasted away the time when his mum was at work by sitting in McDonalds or something.

Brendon knew barely anything about the guy, but there was one thing that he knew for certain, and that was that he absolutely fucked hated both him and Kara.

Kara had come home after her boyfriend had turned into an abusive asshole and ruined her life and took her house, and now she had nowhere left to go except home, even if home had been made a hellhole in the past few years she'd missed.

She was nice enough, though, even if her and Brendon had never been best buds, she was someone there on those nights that his mum never came back.

And as Brendon sat in his bedroom alone again, he came to remember how he'd never ever told anyone about this mess, because he wasn't the sharing type: he was the cold asshole that kept this all up inside, and he was the cold asshole that would kill himself doing so.

Ryan thought he knew everything about Brendon, but in reality, he knew nothing.

-

Sarah was just a little uncomfortable when it came to showing up at Brendon Urie's house at five in the afternoon on a Monday, but she promised that she'd do this for Ryan, and the guy was definitely not okay, and Sarah was determined to prove that she wasn't some sort of bitch that had dragged Ryan's boyfriend away from him, even if it ensured that she ran the risk of actually meeting the people who had brought someone as cold and fucking cruel as Brendon Urie into the world.

"Hello?" Sarah jumped a little as the door opened to reveal a woman, most likely in her early twenties or late teens, and really, Sarah was just hoping that this was some freakishly young mother rather than his latest girlfriend. "Uhh... can I help you?"