Intermittent

A/N: Happy New Years! Sorry for this being so late, I was a bit busy with things. But I will try updating it more often. Hope you enjoy!

There was always something strange about noticing silence, it never meant something good was happening when your mind registered the fact that all of the noise around you suddenly disappeared. So imagine my surprise when I was indulging in a can of Sprite while I listened into the interactions between the gems halfway across the planet, because I was currently working on trying to make one of those gem kindergartens. I had the wiki up in my offhand and was actively researching how exactly these things worked and acted before the sudden lack of voices caught my attention. I wasn't really paying attention to their conversations, I was merely using it as background noise to make sure that I could monitor them to make sure that nothing bad happened. 

But the fact that when I actually tuned back into the conversation, I heard absolute silence. It caused me to actually look up from the wiki, dematerializing it as I tilted my head, making sure that what I was hearing was just not a sudden awkward moment of silence. 

...

...

...

A sudden whimper caught me off guard. Immediately causing me to drop the can of Sprite and snap my fingers, the world flashed briefly before I was suddenly teleported to the exact location of where everyone was. Which was the capitol building that I built. A sense of worry filled me as I suddenly looked around, wondering what exactly was happening. My eyes looked over the intricate designs of the pillars holding up the walls before I felt my eyes be dragged towards the center of the room, where the large figure of White Diamond sat on her knees, soft cries coming from her shaking form. I looked around for the others and found nothing, but I could worry about finding them when I figured out why she was crying. 

My feet lightly slapped against the tiles as I quickly traveled the distance between me and her, running a hand through my hair as I went to place my palm against her side, I was immediately assaulted with a shocking sensation shooting through my body. It felt as if something was tightly wrapping itself around my body, the hand I placed against her side trembled as I attempted to remove it, failing to do so as I narrowed my eyes and gritted my teeth. It felt as if all my autonomous bodily functions were suddenly halted, no, it felt like something was stopping me from controlling any part of my body. With a struggle I tilted my head downwards and watched with surprise as the white from her body started seeping onto my own skin, completely engulfing my palm and completely numbing everything as it continued up the length of my arm. 

What the hell was this?

"erg-" I could feel my voice box strain itself as I tried letting out words of protest, I tried whatever else I could before I had to resort to actually using my real power. As established before, the body I am currently using is separate from my actual true form, with its power level set at a specific number and its abilities only limited to when I actually start the story. But when it came to things like this, which I had no idea what exactly was happening, I had to break my own rules. 

I really did hope that this body could withstand it. 

With half of my body under the numbing sensation and colored a bright white color, and with no reaction from White Diamond, I tapped into my powers. A new sensation overpowered the one dealt by White Diamond and coursed through my body, the palms of my hands burning as I curled my fingers inwards before I wrenched my hand away from where it was stuck against Whites body.  Then with the use of my words, I dispelled whatever power that White was using against me.