Chapter 8: Final

Drip...drip...drip. Maggie slowly opened her eyes, it wasn't there, Maggie looked around... she saw Brian. Maggie had been drained of life, she had been vomiting constantly, she was surprised she was still alive.. she was numb to anything that happened to her now. Maggie wanted to cry...she wanted to scream at the sight of Brian's corpse right beside her, covered in blood.... Maggie felt something inside of her...it was rising up. Something awoke inside of her, she was angry...more angry then she had been in her life. More angry than she had ever seen anyone in her life. Maggie slowly got up. After months...she found the strength to move, Maggie slowly went to the window. She slowly went to go out... Maggie limped aimlessly, she didn't remember where she was going. To here, this place was a ghost town. She looked around her, it looked like it was about to rain, the trees were half dead and the grass was even longer. Maggie slowly sprinted to a gate. She had no idea why she was going there, it just felt familiar. She slowly pushed it over and then a lot of people she didn't recognise came over to her, they were all dressed in blue and looked surprised to see her for some reason.
"Are you Maggie Miller?!" One asked,
"Me..."
"Yes you, sweat heart." The woman said, the name 'Maggie' did sound familiar, she didn't remember her name at that point. She kind of just... forgot over time. But, she liked the sound of the name Maggie, so she kept it,
"Yes..I am." She spoke,
"We found her!" the woman yelled, Maggie was taken into the police car and to her local police station,
"Where were you?" The man spoke,
"A house..." Maggie said,
"Do you know what house..?"
"..."
"Do you know what house..." he spoke again,
"I..can't remember." She spoke
"Ok..." the man spoke, he held up the pocket watch,
Maggie Turned pale, her eyes went wide and she froze in her chair. She started screaming and she turned away from the officer, she started throwing up and an ambulance was called. They tried their best to recover her, and they did, once she was discharged interviews continued.
"What's wrong with the pocket watch..?" He asked
" torture...8 hours...everyday." Maggie spoke, the officer looked deeply disturbed,
"Do you want any water.."
"NO." She said firmly
"Anything but that..." Maggie spoke frantically
"Was anyone else with you..?" He asked
"My best friend Brian... I don't remember his last name. He was there, dead. He had his eyes taken out the socket, drenched in watery blood...his chest was cut open by something and he was missing his hair. On his forehead was some numbers...8...3...96."
The officer froze, he looked disgusted, amazed and shocked.
"Are you starting to remember things..?"
"I am Maggie Miller, aged 16. My friend is dead..my capture has flee." She spoke,
"It's been 5 months..hasn't it?.." she asked
"That's right!" He spoke hopefully,
"Can I have some help.." she asked
"What with?" The officer asked her
"Memory.. it's all fuzzy but if I try, I'll remember!" She said,
"Ok, wait here." He said.
Maggie had to perform a series of tests, they would ask questions and after ask if they were related to what happened to her or if she remembered anything. Sometimes she said yes. Sometimes she said no.
But...in the end, her answers proved to be useless.
She died anyway. A few weeks before her last interview was due to take place, she suffered a heart attack in her sleep and died.
"But..the story of Maggie Miller is only used to scare kids anyway!" Roi said while rolling his eyes,
"Really...?" Martha asked,
"Yeah, it ain't true-" Rio added,
"Or at least I don't think it is."
"Don't scare me!" Martha yelled, roi laughed,
"I guess we'll find out if it's true or not, eh?"