Chapter 2: exploring

Side note: I couldn't find a good image sorry

Maggie slowed down once she reached the area, news reporters were everywhere, police officers were also scattered around the place. She knew she had to find a way to avoid them, because if she was caught, she knew what would happen. Maggie had seen it before, someone from her school tried to sneak into the area as a dare by his friends. His friends dared him to go on live television and do something stupid. The police arrested him on the spot, and the next day they had a big Assembly about it. The boy came back after 3 months and everybody loved him, he used to be friends with Jason but, since he became 10x more popular, he cut Jason off. Maggie didn't want to get arrested, so, she looked for a way around. And what do you know? A gate, a gate that lead to a backyard. She ran towards it and ran behind the house, she knew all she needed to do was walk behind the houses until she reached her location. Which is what Maggie did, she looked around her. The trees slowly swayed in the wind, the sky was grey, the plants that swirled and curled around the houses brushed against her coat from time to time, it was creepy.. the wind sometimes sounded like the screeches of thousands as they clashed against random parts in houses. But, she soldiered on. The long, moist grass brushed against her exposed legs, she pulled up her socks as it was uncomfortable. But, despite her efforts it didn't do a lot for her, she sighed and just decided to suck it up and walk a bit faster. Eventually, she made it. Maggie took another look at the house, she'd seen the front, what about the back? There was some mould, plants that wrapped themselves around the house, Brocken windows, glass all over the place, empty beer bottles and food wrappers. The grass was over grown, but, not any near the extent of anything she'd ever seen, the place reeked of alcohol but, the scent of the grass was twinged into it. But, it wasn't strong enough to drown out the horrible distasteful stench. Maggie got out her torch from her pocket and she clicker it on, a beam of light shot out and she aimed it at the the window. Maggie carefully climbed in, she got a cut on her leg and was forced to ignore it. The warm blood went running down like a waterfall, it was painful, she checked if there was any glass in her skin and to her relief there was only that small cut. Maggie held her breathe, took out the mask and put it on, once adjusted, she looked around a bit. The inside of the house was dusty, with most of the windows being hidden by curtains, the curtains had a floral pattern and had lots of mould on them, as well as having a dead looking colour. Maggie assumed they used to be white, the sofa was almost destroyed, it was only just being held together, she didn't know how. There was dirt all over the floor and still a few puddles, her black boots would splash in them and the sound of it would echo throughout the house. The floor must have been removed for whatever reason, Maggie assumed that it might have been carpet that got so mouldy it had to go. But, she didn't know for sure. There were also some flower pots, or at least used to be, all that was left of them now was remains of the smashed bits of clay. Maggie picked one but up, she looked at it for a bit and then shoved it into her pocket. To Maggie's surprise, there didn't seem to be any spiders or bugs, she whipped her torch around the room; making sure it's light traveled to every inch and she didn't see anything. 'Interesting...' she thought. Maggie really wanted to go upstairs, so that's what she did next.
The stairs were surprisingly still there, the banister had been snapped about half way through and some of it was completely missing at the top. It's paint had been chipped and the wood look very weak, the stairs were wooden and looked weak like the banisters but, they looked just strong enough to be climbed. Maggie checked for any holes but, couldn't see anything. So, she took a deep breath in and very sprinted by the stairs, all of them creaked and when she got upstairs, the last stair she had climbed broke and made a huge noise. It made a massive echo, Maggie panicked. She went upstairs and saw another set of stairs and a corridor. On either sides were 3 doors, one of the doors was missing though, for some reason they had all been numbered. It looked like it had been carved in, '1' '2' '3' and so on, Maggie made her way across the planks carefully, the doors looked like they were in surprisingly good shape. But, she didn't have time to worry about that, Maggie made her way across the corridor to the window, wasn't quite tall enough to reach it. But, thankfully there was a seat, she climbed onto it carefully (hoping not to make any sound) and looked out. It had definitely caught the attention of the police as they were all slowly walking towards the building. Maggie panicked a bit more but, she new that it wouldn't be that easy for them to get up and at the same time, it wouldn't be easy for her to get down. Maggie decided to look in one of rooms, no.6. She got down off the chair and creeped over to the door, slowly pushing it open, it creaked every so slightly and revealed a child's room. It was completely destroyed, it seemed there had been posters, toys, a bed and more; the child from before had gotten pretty lucky. She walked inside and had a nose around, the bed had a crate under it, she assumed there might be bugs so she was slow opening it. But, there was only one item, a watch. A pocket watch to be Pacific, it was in perfect condition and seemed to be functional too, Maggie gazed at the watch. It was almost as if she hadn't seen anything like it before, it looked...beautiful, mesmerising. Maggie kicked the crate back under the bed and put the pocket watch in her pocket as well. She shone the torch around to see if there was anything other than mould, plants and destroyed bits of furniture but, no, there wasn't. The only other 'unique' thing she could find was another boarded up window, right at the top of the room. There was a tiny bit of light that seeped through though, giving the room a slight glow and highlight some of the dust particles that were floating around. But, the longer she stayed the darker the sky got. She checked the time on her phone, 16:42, about an hour had passed. Maggie stuffed her phone back in her pocket and quickly checked up in where the police where, she couldn't see them. Maggie guessed they had either went away or gone to the back, she thought it was most likely they had gone behind the house and could enter any minute now. Maggie could feel her heart pounding, she was sweating all over, her head was spinning, she felt sick and pale. Maggie didn't know what to do in this situation. She didn't know what to do.

Authors note:
Ty so MUCH to the one person who voted this story 🤩 It really means a lot to me :) maybe I'll do some drawings 0: who knows 😳 Stay tuned to know what will happen to Maggie, will she get arrested?! Or will she escape !?

Authors note:Ty so MUCH to the one person who voted this story 🤩 It really means a lot to me :) maybe I'll do some drawings 0: who knows 😳 Stay tuned to know what will happen to Maggie, will she get arrested?! Or will she escape !?

Needed a filled image and chose this lol. Do you like my drawing? 0: