Epilogue: When The Fantasy Becomes Real Life

Three Months Later, March 2014

Lindsey grunted, stretching over to lift the last of boxes and place it on top of the towering pile he built in Stevie's living room. Wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead, he looked up to see Stevie nestled in the corner of the couch, watching him with a smile as she bit her lip and sipped a cup of coffee.

"You could help me, you know," he grinned looking up at her.

"But you look so handsome and manly lifting all those boxes yourself," she smirked, twirling her hair around her finger.

"That isn't going to work on me this time."

She laughing, biting her lower lip, "You don't think this is too fast?"

"Stevie," he sighed straightening his posture after he set down another box, "It's been 48 years since we first met. I hardly think we're rushing here."

She giggled, standing to her feet and walking over to him - placing her arms around his neck while she stood on her tippy toes to place a kiss on his face. His arms instantly wrapped around her waist, pulling her closer to him as he deepened their kiss, eliciting a moan from the back of her throat.

"I made a very small space for you in my closet," she whispered into his mouth, "Very small."

"How generous of you."

"Hey, I had to move several shawls into my backup closet," she pouted, "It was very hard for me."

"You're a brat, you know that?" He pinched her butt while biting her lip playfully.

"Is that any way to talk to your new roommate?"

"Roommate, huh?" He challenged her, both their eyes lit up from the playful back and forth banter.

"Yeah, it has a ring to it, doesn't it?"

"Stevie," he laughed, "You are not my roommate."

"Then what am I, huh?"

"My lover," he pulled her lips back into his, "My bandmate," he paused the kiss, "My girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?!" She squealed pulling back laughing, "Lindsey."

"What?"

"I'm 65. I'm not your girlfriend. Don't be crazy."

"What the hell does that mean?" He laughed, "You can still be my girlfriend."

"It sounds ridiculous."

"If you don't shut up and kiss me, I swear to god," he groaned, pulling her lips back into his hungrily.

She laughed, diving back into his tongue and wrapping her arms around his neck again, leading him back towards the couch where she promptly pushed him down and straddled his lap. It didn't take long before they started peeling layers of clothing off one another, Stevie pinning his arms down behind him while she teased her hips above his lap - rocking back and forth slowly and circling her center above his length.

"Oh, suddenly now you're not 65 then?" He grinned up at her.

"Shut up," she laughed, "Do you want me to stop?"

He shook his head with a grin, "No, ma'am. Never."

It had been three months since Lindsey showed up at her doorstep and told her he chose her. For real this time. Three months of blissful nights where they didn't have to sneak around, many sleepovers, and even venturing out in public together to get dinner and a movie. Lindsey was spending all his time there anyway, he finally suggested they move in together. Both of them were surprised at how smoothly it had gone so far. They had a few fights and adjustments to make - Lindsey trying not to be annoyed by Stevie's chaotic sleep schedule, Stevie trying not to be annoyed by Lindsey's things all over her space.