Chapter 15: In The Midnight Sky

The early morning sunshine beaming through the window caused Stevie to scrunch her eyes closed tighter. But it wasn't that that woke her. Instead, it was the warmth of Lindsey's arms wrapped tightly around her. Vaguely, she remembered waking in the middle of the night and pulling Lindsey from the couch of her suite to come sleep in her bed. She couldn't stand the emptiness of him being so close yet so far away.

"Steph," he whispered against the back of her hair as he felt the slight flutter of her body, indicating she was indeed awake too.

"Hmmm," she groggily moaned, refusing to speak a single word just yet. She herself wasn't sure of her intentions.

"You let me in," he stated simply, his arms pulling her body further against his, his lips nestling into the back of her messy hair.

He woke that morning with an overwhelming sense of relief and love. He had no idea where exactly they stood or what would happen next, but the fact that she let him into her bed, the fact that she let him hold her like this was comforting enough to let him slow down and be grateful. She stayed quiet, but he felt her hands run up and down his arms slowly as she nestled her body back against his further, the lazy haze of her slow morning movements sensual in every way.

A few more moments of silence passed, each of them contemplating how to proceed but instead remaining quiet while basking in one another's touch. His eyes closed again as he felt her lips transcend down to his fingers, her hands holding his wrists tightly.

"I love waking up like this," she admitted quietly and he wanted to flip her over and kiss her with abandon. But he remained on the eggshells of the aftermath of their fight, too nervous to send it all spiraling once again with an impulsive act.

"What made you change your mind?"

"I figured that couch was probably uncomfortable," she lied, and they both knew it.

Instead of calling her out on it, he nodded and placed a soft kiss on the back of her shoulder.

"We have to leave for Little Rock soon," she whispered.

"I know. I'd rather stay here."

She smiled, and finally turned around in his arms to face him for the first time that morning. With her eyes big and innocent, she looked into his quietly and it was clear she finally was putting her weapons down again. Yesterday was tense. Today felt softer, quieter, and more calm in every way —and it wasn't just the bright morning haze of the room either. They both felt it - the therapeutic release of spending the night in each other's arms after a fight, bringing them back to so many times and so many tours before where that on and off routine was so regular they didn't even think twice about it.

"Steph?" His eyes met her again, his fingers running up and down her arms, "I do love you, you know."

She nodded slowly, "I love you too."

They both let out a deep breath they didn't know they'd been holding.

~May 3, 2013, Little Rock, AR~

"YOU ALL HAVE 15 MINUTES TO GET OUTSIDE, THIS PLANE ISN'T GOING TO WAIT FOREVER!" A loud voice shouted down the hall of the Verizon Center.

Stevie giggled sheepishly as she was the last one to pour out into the backstage hallway after the show. She needed an extra half hour to wash off all her sweat and makeup and change out of her stage clothes before they boarded the plane to New Orleans for their performance at Jazz Fest tomorrow.

"Tsk tsk, Miss Nicks, late again," Lindsey's voice chastised her playfully as she and her crew emerged from her dressing room.

"Shut it," she laughed.

Miss Fantasyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें