31. Memories of the Future

__________________________________________

So, I added some more stuffs to Chapter 30. Ruler of the Walls as I forgot to put them there.

You guys could go back and read it if you wanted but it's not that important.

It's just the meeting between the officials and Dina about the basement.

Thank you!
___________________________________________

AUTHOR'S POV:

In the same formal military meeting room, ranking soldiers sat facing the group in the middle.

Zachary sat in the middle.

In the middle, on a bench, Eren and Dina sat together.

Behind them sat the candidates for titan powers.

They were;

Erwin, who was set to get the Beast titan.

Hange, who was set to get the War Hammer Titan.

Petra, who was set to get the Female titan.

Jean, who was set to get the Armoured titan.

Historia, who was set to get the Cart titan.

Armin who was set to get the Collosal titan.
.

"Now then, it's time we start the process." Zachary said. "Your majesty, Eren."

Dina and Eren nodded.

Then they brought their hands forward and interwined their fingers.

Blue electricity crackled around their hands and the next second, they found themselves in the Paths.
.

Dina looked at the Coordinates. "This place...?"

"The Coordinate where all Paths converge." Eren said, standing behind her.

Dina looked around. "I think I've been here before." She turned to Eren.

"You must have, after you inherited the Collosal titan." Eren said.

"But what exactly this place is?" Dina asked.

"I'm not fully sure." Eren said. "Everything happens in an instant here." He looked around. "Years in this place is equivalent to one second in the real world." He looked at Dina. "And also, this is a place free of death."

Dina's eyes widened. "Free of death...?" She turned to the coordinates.

She gasped as she saw Ymir there, who was facing the Coordinates.

Dina looked at Eren. "Is she... Founder Ymir?"

"Yes she is." Eren said, looking at Ymir. "As you can see, she is not a god. She was just a little girl who made contact with the source of all living matter 2000 years ago."

"But why is she still here even after 2000 years?" Dina asked, looking at Ymir.

"Well, she made this place because she wanted to serve the king even after her death." Eren said and let out a sigh. "The very king who killed her father and enslaved her."

Dina's eyes widened. She looked at Eren. "But why?"

"She was in love with the king... in a messed up way." Eren said and looked at Dina. "That's why... she serves anyone with Royal blood."

"She was in love with the king...?" Dina said and looked at Ymir with a saddened expression. "Will she ever be free?"

Eren looked at Ymir. "Well, she has been waiting for 2000 years... for someone... so that that person could free her from the pain of her love."