dancing shoes

y'all, i am SO SORRY that i haven't updated this in over a year. see, a magical thing called life happened... broke my arm... had surgery... working on my MLB/KOTLC fantasy AU brainchild called "Into Another World"... in the middle of writing the sequel and a bunch of twisted tales based off movies (and the disney series)... and then of course i decided to take on 6 AP classes this school year so they've been slowly taking over my entire brain. so i'm making it up by devoting more time to this series! again, i'm truly sorry and hopefully you can forgive me!

Pinkie was the first outside to see the royal cobbler arrive.

"Derek!" she exclaimed, squishing him into a big hug. "I never thought I'd meet you in real life but I'm so glad I can now!"

"Uh... thanks?" Derek said, a confused grin on his face when his eyes looked past to see another girl arrive.

Genevieve gave a shy smile as they both waved.

Yup, Pinkie had shipped them from day one, and she wasn't about to give up now.

"Derek, Derek, Derek!" Janessa jumped up and down.

"Can we have our shoes now?" Kathleen added.

"Please, Derek, please!" Lacey begged.

Derek simply chucked at their excitement. "Here, maybe you can help me."

"Okay, I'm here; what's going on?" Starlight slid next to Pinkie.

"Oh, just Genevieve's love interest," Pinkie giggled a little as the entire band of girls watched Lacey help Derek open the doors with the key. Inside were nineteen pairs of shoes.

"Holy crap, this movie was thorough in getting us in involved," Applejack said, slightly in shock.

"They're lovely," Fallon gushed.

"You're amazing, Derek," Ashlyn added.

"And I'm starting to get scared," Fluttershy breathed.

Starlight rubbed her back, remembering her counterpart being easily worried too. "It'll be okay. It's just one movie, right?"

Fluttershy nodded, but she still kept staring at her feet.

"I'm glad you like them, Your Highnesses," Derek said as he passed out pairs of shoes to the group. Fallon even gushed when she got hers, entranced by the design. Only Genevieve stayed behind, clearly still a little shy.

"These are actually kind of cool," Sunset said, fingering the fire lily.

"And exquisitely made too," Rarity beamed, hugging hers.

A parrot landed on Felix's shoulder. "I taught him everything he knows."

"Right, Felix," Derek rolled his eyes but smiled.

Genevieve finally got the courage to come forward. "Anything for me?"

"Are you kidding?" Felix exclaimed. "He burned the midnight oil for you!"

Pinkie and Sunset held back their snorts as Derek pushed the bird away. "He's just a bird. He... doesn't know what he's saying."

"Oh," Genevieve looked down a little. "Of course."

Hadley and Isla ran up to him. "Can you please tighten our shoes?"

Derek took the moment to thrust the last pair at Genevieve as he was pulled away. "These are yours. I hope you like them!"

Genevieve smiled as he went out of sight.

"Oh, you've got it bad," Rarity giggled.

"Are you kidding? It's horrible!" Fallon added, chuckling.