i guess we're spilling the beans...

Thankfully, Starlight gave them time to get Rainbow Dash home before bombarding them with the questions. 

They weren't exactly complicated, they were more along the lines of...

"YOU GUYS STEPPED OUT OF A MOVIE WHAT'S GOING ON!?"

"Sheesh, don't need to freak out that much," Sunset covered her ears. 

"Don't freak out!?" Starlight took a step back. "Okay, one: your necklaces look different. Two: What is Applejack doing with an engagement ring? Three: Why is Rainbow Dash home sick? Four: Pinkie looks like she's on the verge of one of her giant explanations. I really think we should just let her."

All six girls turned to the pink-haired girl, who indeed, was ready to burst.

"Okay, then let's do it!" Pinkie exclaimed. "So a couple weeks ago Twilight and Sunset managed to convince everyone else to do the one thing I've been trying to get them to do for years, which is to marathon all the Barbie movies, and we started watching the first one when BAM! Our geodes created these beams of light that sucked us in! And then we went through the movie and Rainbow Dash and Sunset had two bets that Sunset lost, and then we got into some crazy stuff along the way, but we managed to get out in the end, only we changed the movie because Clara still remembered that we had been on the adventure with her and the Nutcracker. So we started going into the other movies but now there's something else going on because some characters know about our geodes, like the Fairy Queen and Enchantress, and the villains always seem to want to steal our magic for some reason, and we always end up changing the movie. Sunset now has a paintbrush thanks to Barbie as Rapunzel, Rarity was forced to fake Odette in Barbie of Swan Lake, and possibly the craziest thing was when Sunset and Rainbow Dash changed Princess and the Pauper in that Erika didn't stay in the village so Julian could find her to have her fake Anneliese, so Applejack faked her and she and Dominick became a bit of a thing, and he gave her the ring. Then in Fairytopia Sunset and Elina both got brainwashed and Laverna nearly won because she'd brainwashed them but they snapped out of it and now we can fly because we got wings and it changed our geode designs and then Fluttershy got the Wand of Light in Magic of Pegasus because she was the one who defeated Wenlock; Rarity and I had been turned to stone while Twilight, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash were ponies for half the movie, along with Brietta, and we just did Mermaidia, where Twilight and Elina both gave up their legs and wings for tails only there was a small period of time where Twilight had actually become a permanent mermaid and it was a mess and then we got out of there and you were here!"

Silence hung in the air for a moment. 

"Okay, so that made zero sense," Starlight said, blinking slowly, very confused from the information dump."

"Look, the thing is," Twilight twisted her fingers together. "We've been able to travel into movies. Okay, specifically Barbie movies, but still. We've been going through the list to try and figure out why it's happening, but we've been keeping it a secret this entire time. Until you happened to show up the moment we leave one."

"That makes more sense," Starlight commented. "So have you guys gotten any closer to figuring out how it works?"

"We still don't know how," Rarity admitted. "I will admit, with like what, like 30 movies left on the list, we're probably not going to get any closer, but who's complaining?"

"Not me," Pinkie beamed, holding out a DVD. "And the good news is, we still have time for one more movie today! I say we do it!"

"Hold on," Starlight shook her head. "You're just going to casually get into another movie?"

"If it'll help us figure out what's going on," Fluttershy reasoned. "You don't have to come if you don't want."

"Are you kidding? I kinda want to go now," Starlight grinned. "I'll be your temporary replacement Rainbow Dash! Besides, you're going into a movie."

The six girls exchanged looks. 

"You'll just have to hold onto us," Applejack held out a hand. "And get prepared for the weird bit. You gotta turn into a beam of light before going into the silver screen."