Chapter One

I shot up to the sound of my father's calls , a pointless 4 year routine i have become so familiar with, for both my dearest father and i are well aware that i haven't gotten any sleep and need not be awakened, and that since the horrific passing of my mother, pardon i mean brutal murder resulting in a scene my 13 year old self had been first to witness, the sight of her limp ruthlessly destroyed body and blood soaked ground has haunted my nightmares, and sleep has become a far too agonizing torture for me to bare. Responding with a faint groan , i rushed to my drawer and swallowed my daily pill of Modafinil to remain awake and focused despite my absence of  rest, the affect allowing me to guide my body all the way to the bathroom door.  I let droplets of water race down from my waist-length hair all the way to the soft carpeted floor , I had taken longer than necessary in my shower but it's a habit I can't quite bring myself to rid of,  staring into a reflection of unique emerald green eyes, I towel dried my wavy locks and gathered them in a tight and secure bun, when wet my hair almost looked pitch black, but you could so effortlessly notice the crimson red highlights indicating it's true nature. I exfoliated my light cream shade clear skin, and swiped a tooth brush across the perfectly structured predator teeth of mine. I believe it largely obvious that I have no shame or regret in admitting that I see exterior beauty in myself , as I think everyone should, for  there is no point to insecurity when every single one of us is breathtaking in their own fashion,  and clinging so desperately to a certain fashion that is not of your belonging will only ever result in disappointment. Therefore I do not daydream nor fantasize nor oh-so-obviously need a partner or a second half to point out my beauty or any other positive thing I must already be well knowing of, I am quite thankfully whole and that being said do not wish for the second half lovers speak of. Only I am no ordinary girl , nor ordinary werewolf for that matter, I am daughter of the strongest alpha in the United states of America , I am first in line to rule the strongest pack in both my continent and the world. And my wishes will not always be greeted with consideration, werewolves have mates , and if my mate is as strong and high-ranked as my pack requires I will have no choice but to unite the packs , a choice as alpha  I find no grief in making ; for the good my pack will always come before my comfort or wishes.  Snapping out of the endless sea of thoughts I have almost begun to drown in, I turned off the streaming water and wiped my face , skipping the makeup part some girls would take time getting  into and absolutely perfect, I slipped on a pair of dark washed jeans , a bright patterned tank, black biker jacket ,color-matching wedges, and my mother's heart shaped necklace, I made my way down infinite excessively expensive African Blackwood stairs and joined the ginger goddess in the kitchen.  She glanced over at me with my mother's jade green eyes full of loathing and dislike, and swiftly she stormed away ,  her soft curls bouncing as she did so, leaving an unfinished bowl of cereals on the kitchen counter. Not so grand to my surprise, for my 13 year old sister who had been only 9 when my mother passed directed an unimaginable amount of hate my way at any given opportunity , why you may ask? I have come up with a never-ending number of theories over the years, and none of them , even in the slightest form, seemed good enough to be logical. Pushing her bowl away, I reached for my much-needed plate of eggs , sausage, bacon , and pancakes , along with a nice warm cup of black sugarless coffee , just the way I adore it: You see my father is quite most interested in the business of his heiress's well being , and part of that interest is preparing my breakfast every morning to make sure I have just the quantity of protein I need for my harsh trainings. I finished the plate just in time to walk out the front door, not minding the clock I hastily made my way to my father's study door where inside the brunette middle aged man looked up from what seemed to be business files for our deep emerald eyes to meet and a wide and heartwarming smile to overcome his hard features, we chatted for a few minutes , about matters from my sister's foolish behavior to the pack trainings and his awaited business departure to Europe. Then i bade him goodbye , and made my way in destination of my highschool.