iii. aches and pains.

UNITED IN BLOOD
CHAPTER THREE !

    "HOW IS SHE?" THOSE were the first words out of Danielle's mouth when she woke up

    "HOW IS SHE?" THOSE were the first words out of Danielle's mouth when she woke up. The environment she was currently in, was extremely unfamiliar. She could only assume it was the town of Jackson. Why they brought her back with them and didn't just leave her unconscious in that room for the infected to feast upon, Danielle had no fucking clue but she wasn't about to complain.

   The back of her head was still throbbing, the pain being just that bit more bearable than when she had initially been hit. Her vision was still a little blurry, her throat dry. From where she lay, she could trail her eyes over the battered face of Tommy Miller. His long blond hair was pulled back with a hair tie, allowing Danielle a clearer view of the black and blue bruises that were painted across the expanse of his face.

   "How are you?" Danielle then asked in concern. She had no idea who this man was, knew nothing about him and had barely even spoken to him other than their brief conversation when he was practically comatose, but for some reason the young girl couldn't help but feel an immense height of worry for him.

   Tommy stood stoically at the foot of the bed. He looked better than the last time Danielle saw him though there was an air of understandable misery that emanated from him. "As expected."

   "I'm so sorry." The young girl earnestly proclaimed and though an aching pain enveloped her body, she forced herself to sit up. "You don't have to be believe me or anything, but I am. Your brother didn't deserve what happened to him."

   "Can I ask you somethin'?" The Miller man waited until a small nod was sent his way before continuing. "Why were you the only one who didn't know about anything that was going down?"

   A deep sigh was pulled from Danielle, her chest heaving up and down. "I wasn't supposed to go with them. The leader of the WLF, Isaac, he suggested I go along. Provide medical assistance when necessary."

   Danielle was so fucking angry. She had been mislead by them and it made her so mad. Her eyes stung as tears of frustration threatened to fall. "They uh— they told me we were scouting out an old firefly outpost. Clearly that wasn't actually the case."

   "Yeah clearly." The blond man lifted up his hand to wave a small med kit around before gesturing towards Danielle. "Your head needs stitching."

   "Let me get a look at ya." Tommy made his way to the bed, taking a seat just behind the young girl, his eyes scanning the back of her head.

   There was deep gaping wound across the back of her head, which begged the question. What the fuck had she been hit with? The butt of a gun wouldn't do that type of damage. Tommy could only assume that Danielle was attacked using the very same golf club used to murder his brother.