twenty-six

>CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: ALYSSA AND AEMOND<

The Seven Gods were a clever tactic to gather the sheep - and control them to your deepest desires for the realm

The Seven Gods were a clever tactic to gather the sheep - and control them to your deepest desires for the realm. "Being a bride suits you well," Saera complimented, beginning to walk beside her daughter. "You look beautiful." she added, giving Alyssa a small embrace.

"Thank you," the girl smiles, waving her handmaidens away.

"I remember the day that you were born - a small little thing with a loud cry." her mother chuckled, removing the Valyrian necklace off her neck and offering it to Alyssa's hand. "This was given by your kepus - when I was younger than you, and it is only right for you to have it." Saera smiled, placing it around her daughter's neck.

"Issa gevie, (it is beautiful)" Alyssa looked at the design. It was a symbol of Valyrian prowess - and the girl swears to never take it off. "You will be a wife tomorrow, and all the other tomorrows - but you belong to yourself. No matter what they say." she placed a hand on both of her shoulders, pressing a soft kiss on her forehead.

There were fears in the back of the girl's mind, but they were pushed away because of the presence of Saera. "- and I believe that you must know the truth, now that it'll be months before we see each other again." her lips pressed into a thin line, playing with the rings on her finger now that her necklace was gifted away.

"What is it?" Alyssa pondered, knowing that her mother seldom hid secrets from the family. "Daemon is your father." Saera smiled bitterly, waiting for her daughter to spurn and curse her. The girl's face softens - in hidden understanding. "I'm happy that he's my father," she breathed - tears beginning to brim in her eyes.

"He's the only one who understands you - the only one who understands us." Alyssa added, still taking the information in. "Thank you for telling me, muña." she smiled, joining their hands together.

Daemon's eyes brightened at the sight of his necklace on Alyssa's neck. "Did your muña give that to you?" he asked in a playful tone, "Yes," the girl replied - playing with it. He placed a comforting hand around her shoulders, "Don't be worried - everything will be perfect." he comforted, removing his hands once the doors opened.

There were hundreds of guests - coming from the North to Dorne. They were wishing the best for his daughter's marriage - while also seeking alliances of their own. Alyssa takes a deep breath, seeing that her groom was already on the other side. They begin walking - ignoring the gazes from other lords.

They were mocking House Targaryen with no doubt - a dragon marrying a dragon would weaken their house. They halted in front of Aemond, and both of the men began glaring at each other. Daemon couldn't find it in himself to love a nephew who wasn't his full blood. "Hurt her, and I will take your good eye." he threatened - earning an eye roll from the One Eyed Prince.

Saera grinned, hearing the notion. Alyssa and Daemon were akin to each other - the way her daughter walked and spoke, it was something she inherited from her father. Alyssa and Daemon weren't birds of a feather anymore - they were two birds dancing the same song.

Daemon makes his way beside her, and the ceremony begins.

Aemond couldn't stop staring at his bride, entwining their hands together and getting lost in her eyes. Despite being the blood of the dragon, Alyssa's hands were always cold - he loved that, because his were always warm.

With her beside him, time seemed to pass quickly - and it was finally time for them to recite their vows.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger, I am his as he is mine from this day until the end of my days"

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger, I am hers as she is mine from this day until the end of my days"

They turn towards the crowd, Alyssa Strong becomes Alyssa Strong of House Targaryen as she always should've been. Alyssa glances at her mother, who smiled at the couple lovingly. 'I love you' Alyssa mouths and Saera smiles, 'Avy jorrāelan tolī (I love you too)' Saera mouths back.

The wedding was cheerful - filled with wine and dancing. Prince Lucerys walks towards them, with a chest at hand. "I offer my warm regards, uncle and cousin." he smiles warmly - with big apple cheeks that reminded Alyssa of her mother. "Thank you, Prince Luce." Alyssa replies politely, staring at his gifts.

"What are they?" she inquired, and he began to usher one of the servants to open it in his stead. "Dragon eggs, my princess. They come from Syrax, they are for your future children." he explains, opening the crate to show three eggs.

One of them bore the same color as her father's dragon. One was the color purple and one was green. "It is wonderful." Alyssa remarks, kneeling down to inspect the dragon eggs.

While Alyssa was joyfully inspecting the gifts - a cough from the back of the room caught her attention. Someone was visibly choking.

Larys leans back on his chair - scheming even in his niece's wedding. Saera might've forgotten about him, but he didn't - his plan was coming to fruition. By the end of today, there would be a new Lord of Harrenhal.

"What's going on?" Alyssa rose to her feet, and her husband dutifully pulled her behind him - guarding her from any potential harm. A gasp erupts from the hall as one of the gold-cloaks begins to choke to death. Saera runs towards her son, seeing that his wine taster is being poisoned.

"What are you doing? Call for a maester!" Saera yells, watching her husband lean down on one of his men and open his tunic - hoping that it would allow him more air. "Is Ser Aran alright?" Daegon whispered, eyes clouding with tears. The man was his sister's knight - and the man who checked his food for poison. Ser Aran was one of his father's closest men - he was basically a member of their family.

One of the Maesters tried to aid the knight, but it was far too late.

Daemon was pumping with rage, his eyes narrowed at the servant who served the wine - pinning him down on the floor. Alyssa's eyes widened, seeing that it was her sworn sword on his deathbed. She runs down to kneel beside him, eyes brimming with tears as Ser Aran's hands tighten around her gown.

The Maester gathers all his herbs and spices, mixing them together in an effort to aid the blood that was spilling down the Knight's nose. "Fuck," Daemon curses while throwing the servant to one of his men.

The knight's face turned black, his nose and eyes leaking a red substance. His mouth began to bubble, and his organs collapsed. The Maester presses a hand on Aran's neck, feeling no pulse.

"I did all I could, my lady, but the poison was too strong." the man reasoned, keeping his head low.

Alyssa's lips shuddered, hands reaching for her knight's body - that was swollen and red. She places his head on her lap, tears flowing from her eyes.

"We will be leaving, Alyssa." Saera informed reluctantly - the emotions were too raw in her heart. "Ser Aran has tasted all of Daegon's meals since he left the cradle. There is a threat to your brother's life." she added, staring at her daughter with tears in her eyes.

"I've left you all the information, even the servant that committed the crime. Can you and Aemond find the culprit for me?" Saera asked, turning her head in the direction of her brother. "We promise mandia," Aemond asserted, and the Princess nodded.

"Take care of Alyssa," Saera breathed, fastening Daelon on her chest and boarding Melarys. She was the last one to leave - reluctant to leave her daughter alone again. "I promise." Aemond vowed.