twenty-five

>CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: BASTARDS OF HOUSE TARGARYEN<

Alyssa found the river calming - it was enough from the city that its waste couldn't potentially harm her, but still close enough for her to visit

Alyssa found the river calming - it was enough from the city that its waste couldn't potentially harm her, but still close enough for her to visit. The river was her home - the closest thing to a clean beach. She exhales deeply, allowing her body to be fully submerged in the river.

"It's not safe here, princess." Ser Aran, a member of the gold cloaks, reminded her - holding his sword close to his body. This was the route of the bandits, and despite being seasoned in warfare - he was no match to their large number. Alyssa closes her eyes, water barely reaching her neck.

"Don't be a coward, Ser." She rolled her eyes knowing that no harm would come to her - not when her mother's husband was the Rogue Prince. "We must head home, princess." he pleads - watching her relax under the harsh pulse of the water. Alyssa looked like a river nymph, whose beauty could enrapture the gods. A true jewel of Kingslanding.

A chuckle escaped her lips, toes gently kissing the rocky soil. "You would rather return to the messy capital?" she teased, a sigh escaped his lips. Alyssa was petulant and mischievous. Only Princess Saera could control her.

He looked at the sun, it was early in the morning - no harm would come from a bit of strolling. "We may stay, my lady - but we have to return in a few minutes." he gave in, her smile deepens - watching as his figure walks away, allowing her privacy.

Ser Aran has been in her kepus' dispense since she was born. Alyssa valued his company - and appreciated his soft-heartedness. She allows her body to be submerged in water again. Queen Alicent often told her that she was as green as summer grass, knowing nothing but the warmth of the sun.

A person clears his throat, and she is sharply reminded of reality. She turns around, meeting the eye of the One Eyed Prince. "You've arrived," she smiled - offering her hand for him to join her. "I apologize for being late, my lady - I had to greet Princess Saera." he smiled, quickly shedding his coat and making his way to the river. "You are slow, my lord - Ser Aran was about to send me home." she teased, waiting for him to make his way beside her.

"I'm sorry," he hummed - burying his face on her neck.

"Did you tell my muña?" Alyssa questioned, feeling the fear creep up her throat. She's spent six-years alone in the capital - her uncle the only ally that she could be true with. "I-I could not, she's scary, Isa." his face flushed into a crimson hue, and a childish giggle escapes her mouth.

Aemond could be a scary creature but he was a coward when it came to Saera and Daemon. "- but she's one of the few people that would understand us." Alyssa reminded, tracing her hands on his back. "We'll say it at the same time then," he offered - and it was her turn to flush crimson. "What?" her eyes widened - a small laugh escapes his mouth.