Back at 616

Meanwhile back in Universe 616

Doctor Strange had left the Sanctum Sanctorum and was on his way towards the Avengers tower. Spider-Man had just got sucked into a portal he made and had no way to find him.

The portal was meant to be connected to a pocket dimension where the tablet would cause no harm, but Spider-Man was sucked into it as well and the spell went awry. He needed to inform the heroes and try to figure out a way to return him safely.

Across New York City

Julia Carpenter, or the current Madame Web, was suddenly struck with a blasting pain in her head. It was like if a migraine and a hangover fused to make the worlds worst headache. She was knocked to her knees and barely remained conscious through the pain but she wondered what could have caused such a pain.

Suddenly her connection to the web became hazy, like something was missing. Fighting through the pain she managed to see the great web of life and was shocked to see its centre,
Peter Parker, was missing.

Everyone else was still present and accounted for, Anya, Jessica, Cindy, Gwen and Miles were still within the web, but Peter had vanished. There was no trace of his existence.

Dread fell across her as thoughts of events unfolding that may cause his disappearance and a very troubling thought occurred.

'Are... are the inheritors back? Have they taken Peter? This is bad, if he dies the web will unravel and we will all perish. I must summon the order of the web and bring them up to speed and keep them safe.' She thought to herself before disappearing.

One last thought ran through her mind as she left. 'I'm sorry Cassandra. I'm sorry Peter. I let you down.'

At The Avengers Tower

The Avengers were sitting on the main room of the tower. Iron-man or Tony Stark was behind the bar serving himself drinks. Clint Barton or Hawkeye was sitting down tinkering with some of his arrows.

Captain America or Steve Rogers was wearing his full uniform, it was rare to see him without it as he was always ready for comber.

Natasha Romanoff or the famed Black Widow was sat with Bruce Banner or the Incredible Hulk, chatting quietly with each other as they had nothing better to do. Bruce wasn't in the lab as he was taking a break and Nat was bored with training, she never tired of bettering herself but without an actual opponent to challenge her it merely kept her skills sharp.

Thor was not present on the tower as he was in Asgard, other members like Jessica Drew or Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel or Carol Danvers, She-Hulk or Jennifer Walters were not in the tower.

Everyone was aloof as they had not had any missions to attend to that involved HYDRA, AIM or any global or intergalactic threat. Which was why it was surprising to see the sorcerer supreme, Doctor Strange, appear in front of them in a panic.

"I need your assistance. Immediately!" Shouted Strange, his normal composure being lost.

"Woo, Strange calm down. What's the problem?" Tony said without a care in the world.

"It's Spider-Man. He's in trouble." Strange said worriedly.

"So. That web head is always in trouble. What happened this time, he get his pants caught in tree or something?" Hawkeye said sarcastically.

"No you imbecile, he's gone. He was pulled into a portal and I cannot locate him." Strange retorted.

"And... what do you expect us to do? We don't exactly know how to use magic and create magic portals." Tony said snarky.