crimson and clover

Mondo clutched his half tucked button down shirt to brace himself of the feeling Taka gave him. His voice sent a shiver down Mondo's spine and he wondered what had gotten into Taka. He was fucking estatic hearing that the hall monitor's feelings were mutual, but there was this pit of dread in his stomach. He kissed and made out with girls in the past, but this attraction to boys was a new revelation. Though excited, It felt taboo and wrong to have mutual romantic feelings with another man. And this was always in the back of Mondo's mind but he didn't think Taka felt the same way, so there was no feelings of disgust when Mondo would swoon over him.

Taka slid his warm hands down Mondo neck and stood on his tippy toes before Mondo put two firm hands on the hall monitor's chest. "Wait," Mondo breathed and Taka lowered himself, gazing at Mondo expectantly.

Mondo wanted to be with Taka, kiss him on the hands, lips, collarbone, open doors for him & stick love letters in his locker, letting everyone know that Taka was his. He wanted to take him out after school and drive him around on his bike late at night but... he was scared. And it's crazy because Mondo was taught not to show fear in the face of danger, and he never did. He would literally have fists flying at him and didn't bat an eyelash, but the idea of openly being with Taka scared him. He didn't want to screw everything up. Because the thought of never talking to Taka again was fucking terrifying.

But more than anything, he wondered what the guys would say. Leon, Kazuichi, Kaito, Chihiro... what would they say? What would his gang say? All lovey dovey with a prudish man such as Taka. They didn't give a shit if Mondo was with some girl, but with Taka? Dating a guy? They'd disown him, redicule him, and Mondo was terrified of it.

And he really didn't want to admit that to Taka.

He knew the hall monitor was braver than him in some ways-most ways, and he knew Taka would never judge him. Hell, Taka was probably scared too. But Mondo knew how he looked; big, bad, tall and intimidating. He had a reputation to keep and being with Taka would change that.

He felt like absolute shit thinking this way. Taka would never, ever be ashamed to be seen with Mondo, despite the bold contrast between Mondo's talent and Taka's. It was weird feeling so happy he could cry, yet guilty and dirty.

Taka put a comforting hand on Mondo's shoulder and wore an innocent, concerned look. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" His voice was soft and delicate and Mondo's heart panged. Taka's face twisted in concern, looking down at Mondo's lips then back up at his eyes. His crisp brown loafers creased as he stood stiffly below Owada, relishing in the painful, yet pleasant feeling he felt, the upsetting tightness in his chest he yearned to feel forever.

"Eyebrows," Mondo started and Taka looked up at him with big, ruby eyes. "Yes, Owada-kun?" His eyelashes were so long and his pink lips were parted. His presence was so comforting to Mondo, and he smelled clean, like fresh laundry.

Mondo furrowed his brows and sighed, scratching the back of his neck. "I'm-uh," He stutters, staring at the floor as Taka slides his hand down Mondo's shoulder, softly intertwining the biker's ring plastered fingers with his own. His thumb brushed over Mondo's nails, black nail polish chipped off and the way he held Mondo's hand was so fucking hot and sensual, Mondo cursed. "Nothing," His voice cracked and Taka chuckled at this.

It was very unbecoming for Taka to be so bold, so blantanly flirtatious and it was making Mondo break into a nervous sweat. In turn, it was unbecoming for Mondo to be so quiet and decent.

The hall monitor gazed at Mondo and his eyes blew as he remembered Mondo's previous confession. It replayed over and over in his head as he realized Mondo's appearance. His hair was messy, limp, and tustled, he was sweaty and blushing like a madman, and he smelled so fucking good. The first 2 buttons on his shirt were popped open and his collarbone was exposed, revealing his little diamond tattoo. Taka's breath hitched at the sight and acted on impulse.