lovely misery

Kiyotaka Ishimaru didn't consider himself an impulsive person. He often said stupid things, things that would make someone scoff; often political, ignorant, insensitive or too enthusiastic—but he always puts thought into his actions, carefully doing the right thing. He was the embodiment of morality, literal "ultimate moral compass," this came naturally. He had a reputation to maintain, after all.

However, he did not think this through.

When the lunch bell sounded, Taka bolted at attention, snatching his bento box neatly wrapped in a cat print handkerchief. Classmates grouped in their respective cliques, chattering out of class—to which he spat "quiet down!"

He would speedwalk to the peaceful courtyard to enjoy his homemade lunch, like everyday.

He was set. His indesputable routine was the one thing that kept his messy life in perfect order. As soon as a task or routine kicked in, nothing could distract him, a set focus.

However his intense ruby eyes just happened to drift to a groggy Owada, tussling his curls and yawning from his annual 3rd period nap. His rusty locks fall into his half lided eyes painted with black liner, long lashes brushing his cheek as he blinked away the sleepiness.

Taka shamelessly studied the biker, clutching his necktie that lay limp against his chest. There was a dull pain. It scrunched in his hand, his fingers and thumb turning white from the pressure of his grip. But if he didn't have something to brace himself with, he felt he would go crazy—do something crazy.

His heart skipped a beat, he could feel the pounding over his tie. His eyes were fixated on Owada's sleepy face and something came over him. Something unfamiliar.

As he strolled towards the exit passing Owada. He slowly brushed his finger along Mondo's broad back, feeling his own blazer against his gliding fingertip. Perfectly calculated. Taka didn't know why he did this, but there was clearly a reason. A reason unknown.

Owada steadily turned his head to meet Taka, eyes meeting before dropping to his smooth lips. The hall monitor's lips were twisted into a small, smug grin. His cheeks were hot with fondness as Taka's finger flicked off his shoulder, dissappearing out of the room with one last expectant look before sliding the door shut.

Mondo physically gulped, shivered, cold chills traveling down his spine as his face and ears flushed, the lingering feeling of Taka's slender finger burned his upper back. His arms prickled with goosebumps.
He slowly brought a hand to his warm cheek, eyes wide with shock, a single tear dribbling onto his lap.

His stomach swarmed with sickening butterflies. He's never felt this way before; that little touch, that little smile. He hated how that stupid hall monitor made him feel.

He viciously scrubbed at his eyes, wiping the tear with the sleeve of Taka's blazer. He glanced around the empty classroom, realizing he was the last to exit.

-

The large windows let light seep in, the dreadful rain gone from the sky. Mondo twisted the metal knob, the sun warmed his bronzed skin as the door closes behind him.

The courtyard was so peaceful—certainly more than the crowded dining hall. He inhaled the fresh air, walking along the sidewalk to the bench located in the middle of the area. He looked so out of place here; in the quiet courtyard, sakura petals surrendering to spring. But he knew he'd find the hall monitor here. Hell, he claimed the courtyard as his territory, banishing any and all students from the premises. "This area is off limits to any students who aren't a member of the disciplinary comittee!" Mondo smirked at the imaginary sound of Taka's bitchy voice, approaching the monitor with a troublemaking strut.