Chapter 1: Coming Home

James had been on numerous phone calls with the now former co-owner who had now decided to retire as he wanted to spend more time with his family as he was now getting older and he had asked James if he wanted to be the sole owner of the whole franchise of The Lyrical Loft as he knew how much James loves music and how reliable James had been since he started working with him years ago.

The former co owner had also been testing him over the last year or so to see if he would be up to the task of owning it on his own and at one point, he finally made the decision to hand it over to James not only because he didn't have any kids of his own, but because he trusted James with it more than anyone else.

After it had been made official that James is the sole owner of The Lyrical Loft franchise, James set about making arrangements of moving back to where he used to live as he had been expressing the need to do so and when he finally bought the house that he had his eyes on, he had put someone he trusted in charge of the branch that he now used to manage.

James had secretly been making all these arrangements as he wanted to only tell certain people when he knew it was safe to do so and his family were the only ones to know.

It was the afternoon and James had just got off a phone call with a realtor and he had a smile on his face as he immediately got on a FaceTime call with his parents, Elizabeth and Raymond.

James: hey mum, hey dad.

Raymond: hey son.

Elizabeth: Jamie, how are you ?

James: I couldn't be better and that's the truth.

Raymond: yeah, we can tell because you've got a huge smile on your face.

Elizabeth: not that we don't love that your happy sweetie, but why are you this happy ?

James: well, I've got some news for you.

Raymond: is it good news.

James: oh it's great news.

Elizabeth: well what is it son ?

James firstly told his parents all about how the former co owner has now retired and handed complete owner ship of the franchise of The Lyrical Loft to him and his parents couldn't be more proud of him.

Raymond: we're proud of you son.

Elizabeth: yeah, we remember how you used to tell us that you've always wanted to own your very record store, now you own a whole franchise.

Raymond: how does it feel ?

James: to be honest, it's all happened quicker than i thought but I'm certainly up to the task.

Elizabeth: just wait till your brother and sister hear about this.

James: well I'll tell them after I tell you another bit of news that I'm excited to tell you about.

Raymond: and what's that ?

James took a moment and as a smile appeared on his face, he told his parents about how he was moving back.

James: Well I've made somebody else the new manager of the branch that I'm currently at.

Elizabeth: what does that mean for you ?

James: well it means that the reason why i did that is because... I'm moving back !

Raymond: really ?