Chapter 29

Avalon's POV

"Good evening, do you remember me ?" I froze as I realized who the voice I had heard belonged to.

"Justin ?" Justin had been a friend, of sorts, in school, actually he'd roofied me the night I met Dayton, and Archer, for the second time.

"Long time love," He winked at me, standing in the door way. "You really are a slippery girl, always slipping through our fingers," He tutted.

"Justin ? You're with 'them' ?" Tyler glared at him, holding Vicky behind him.

"Casey was always a close friend," He admired his nails. "So when she called, I came running."

"What do you want from us ?" Archer growled at him, everyone had stayed quiet, only us and Hunter really knew about Justin.

"A message to deliver, to you Purity," Justin smiled at me.

"What's the message ?" I looked him in the eye, where I was met with pure malice.

"Get ready, the war's coming," I gave Archer's hand a tight squeeze. "You have till tomorrow, good luck, you know the place," he winked before running off using vamp speed.

"What does that mean ?" Vicky gulped out.

"It means that we are going to war," I walked passed her to the kitchen as I heard Archer close the front door. "It's twelve in the afternoon, we train for a few hours, then get sleep, we get up early in the morning and get ready for the fight."

"You sure you ready for this ?" Nadia gave me a concerned look.

"Don't really have a choice," I pushed off the counter and started towards the living room. "Dayton, you lead the training, I have to make a call."

"Avalon," Archer pulled me back my arm. "You need to pause for a second okay ? Take a breather," I got up on my tip toes and pulled Archer down to meet my lips, he responded immediately by putting his hands on my waist, when I pulled away I looked up into his eyes.

"I really do love you, " I smiled slightly. "But I have to do this," He nodded and let me go, I walked over to the phone and dialled Pops' number.

"Hello ?Princess everything okay ?" Pops' voice echoed through the phone.

"Hey, actually no, we have a problem," I caught Archer's eye from the doorway. "The war has come to an head."

"Did you really do this in the prison ?" Dayton asked as she sharpened her stake.

"Yep," Nadia smiled as she used a knife to get the stake pointy.

"It's actually quite fun," Vicky laughed as she checked her stake.

"How many you got there ?" I asked, sharpening the sides of my bow from Pandora.

"I have a good twenty, Vicky has ten and Raine and Dayton have thirty between them," Nadia answered as she put the final stake down on the table.

"Okay, make another ten and then start sharpening knifes," I lifted the bow, aiming it at the doorway, which was soon filled with Max.

"Hey guys, do you- WOW WHAT THE HELL ?! AVABEAR PUT IT DOWN!" Max cowered behind the door frame. "Raine protect me!"

"I'm not going to kill you," I put the bow down and picked up the arrows. "What's up Maxxy ?"

"I was asking do you want food ?" Max asked, half peering through the door.

"Sure," I sat cross-legged on the floor, sharpening my arrows.

"Okay, I got the knifes," Nadia put an armful of knives on the table.

"Pass me a few, I'll sharpen them after I finished with the arrows," Dayton passed me a few daggers and put them on the floor with all the rest of my weapons.

"Is this what it was like in the prison ?" Raine asked hesitantly. "Making weapons ? always on edge ? Always ready to fight ?"

"Pretty much, add in the constant fear of dying and you're there," Nadia added with a smile. It was strange, talking about the prison didn't feel so bad anymore, it didn't feel as painful.

"When did you say the wolves would get here ?" Dayton asked from on the floor near me, she'd moved so there was more room in the table for weapons.

"Should be here by tomorrow morning, so we leave tomorrow noon," I checked out the Arrow edges before moving into the next one.

"You guys ready for it ?" Raine asked.

"I'm ready for it to be over," Nadia caught my eye as I said 'to be over' I looked away and went back to sharpening the arrows. Tomorrow we would end it. And hopefully, only a few would die.

Once we'd finished the food had arrived so we all sat around the living room, all quiet in thoughts of what would happen tomorrow, which we eventually fell asleep hours later.

We woke up to the sound of knocking on the door, I got out from under Archer's arm to answer, when I opened it to reveal Pops and at least twenty other werewolves standing outside.

"Hey princess," Pops smiled before engulfing me in a hug.

"Hey Pops," I tightened my hold on him. "Good to see you again."

"I wish it was under different circumstances," Pops pulled back and looked over at his people.

"Wait, you brought us to fight for a girl ?" An angry voice from the back shouted.

"Yes, she is my granddaughter and I'll assist in anyway needed," Pops growled at them.

"I'm not fighting for some teen who got on the wrong side of a vamp," people separated so I could see who was shouting, I found it was a tall, bulky looking guy with red hair.

"You wanna say that again ?" Archer's voice boomed besides me, I looked over my shoulder to find everyone was awake and glaring at the wolves.

"I thought you sais we were fighting against vampires, so why are there two with you ?" Red head glared at Nadia, who got closer to Hunter, which made the red head smirk. "Oh right, they're just your whor-" I used my speed and cut him off mid sentence with my hand around his throat and lifted him into the air.

"Think carefully before you talk bad about my friends ever again," I glared before dropping him to the ground. "Look," I addressed everyone. "If you don't want to fight you can leave, I'm not asking you to give your lives for me, hell I'm not asking you to fight for me, if you stand with us I'll be eternally grateful and if not I will not blame you, but do not attack my friend verbally or physically, I have lost too much to let everyone die in stupid and petty fights,"  I walked back to Archer and held his hand. "You can fight with me, or leave, your choice," they all looked over to where Pops stood next to us, waiting for his say.

"It's her choice, I respect her choices and I will fight," Pops stood straight.

"I will fight," Bruce stepped up, along with the same people who had been to the house party. The rest shook their heads and got back into their cars and drove away, but before they did red head called out one last time.

"Who are you ?" I smirked at the question.

"I'm the Pure Blood."