1824

During none of his trips had he experienced the level of nervousness and excitement that he was feeling at that moment, what awaited him when he arrived in London was too important.

Sometimes he wondered how he had gone so long without realizing what a wonderful treasure he had in front of him, however, this last trip had served for many things. Last season he had discovered a much freer facet of her, making him want to know more, so the correspondence was immediate.

Even knowing that it was inappropriate , he decided to venture, and he would never regret having done so, it had been like removing a blindfold and realizing where the compass was pointing on his chest, his new adventure.

Arriving at the port, he got into the carriage that was already waiting for him and headed to his mother's house to get ready.

As he entered the city and watched the road that led to Mayfair, he took from the pocket inside his jacket, a piece of paper crumpled by the number of times he had read it, unfolded it and read it once more, the words there written had completely changed the course of his life.

There was no turning back, and he didn't want to, after a long time he had found what had given his life direction. He smiled with hope, today would be the day he would see her again and he couldn't wait any longer.

At dawn, he arrived at his mother's home, upon entering he asked for a bath and handed a note to the butler so that Miss Penelope Featherington could be notified at a suitable hour of his visit that afternoon.

His mother found him at breakfast, she hugged him happily like any mother who hasn't seen her child for a long time, Colin just smiled and asked to speak to her and Anthony after breakfast. A couple of hours later, Colin Bridgerton walked out of the Viscount's office with a huge smile, leaving his mother crying with happiness and his brother feeling very satisfied and proud.

He walked up the steps of the Featherington family home with a bouquet of flowers, the butler greeted him with a smile and led him into the drawing room where Penelope was waiting for him along with her sisters and her mother. He made the courtesy salute, but could not take his eyes off the woman he had come for.

Portia discreetly led her daughters out while Penelope and Colin looked at each other. Colin walked over to her, bowed and took her hand, placing a soft kiss on it.

"Penelope... "

"Colin... "

They both laughed, she with rosy cheeks and h im with the biggest smile he had ever worn. He handed her the bouquet of her favorite flowers, and she invited him to sit next to her. He took her hand in his.

"Penelope, we have known each other for a long time, you have been my friend and confidante, you encouraged me to travel, you listened to each of my stories more than once, I was able to be myself with you, you helped me find the courage to take risks, to simply To be me. "

"Colin..." she tried to speak, but he gestured for her to let him continue.

"In the same way, I appreciate that you have allowed me to see you as you really are, that you have told me about your dreams, your interests, your favorite books and above all, that you have trusted me to tell me the most intimate of your secrets, that part of you, the one that everyone talks about but nobody really knows it's you, and I can't feel more than proud of the woman you are."

Penelope's eyes began to fill with tears, it had been difficult to confess to him, but the way things were going between them, she couldn't afford to lie to him.

"And I want to tell you that every word we have exchanged are true, I counted all the days that I was away from you, you became my constant dream , th e safe port that I was looking for a long time, but blind as I was I couldn't see what was before me and now I feel that something is missing when I am far from you, you are my north and my south, in you I finally found peace. "

Colin knelt before her as he pulled a ring from his pocket.

"I love you and I will always show you, every day we are together I will thank heaven for being by your side, and this ring symbolizes my promise to make you happy; you will have the most wonderful courtship until the day comes when before God I can swear that there will never be anyone but you. Penelope Featherington, would you do me the honor of marrying me and mak e me the happiest man in the world? "

Penelope, her eyes brimming with tears and unable to say more, just nodded as Colin slipped the ring on her finger and sealed their promise with a soft kiss, then an instant later, casting aside all propriety, s he launched ser self into h is arms to give him the sweetest kiss and just tell him.

"Love you too."