Present

Her hands were sweaty and she feels her heart beating a thousand miles an hour, s he moved her foot constantly as a sign of anxiety as she kept looking at the clock. Her flight had been delayed half an hour, until s he was able to look out the window of the plane at the city below.

She took another deep breath knowing that she was close to reaching her destination. The pilot announced the landing at Larnaca airport in Cyprus, asking passengers to fasten their seat belts. A few minutes later, passengers began to collect their bags and exit the plane.

She waited a moment, grabbed her backpack, and stepped off the plane as the intense rays of the sun blinded her. She went for her suitcase, handed over h er passport, was greeted and went out to find a taxi.

As the car passed through the streets, she was able to see the wonderful city and even had a small glimpse of the sea of a blue so intense that it made her smile. She took a deep breath and sighed, hoping he will be happy to see her come by surprise. It had been a decision in the heat of the moment and she didn't regret it, she had waited so long to be with him, to be able to show him how much she loved him without shame, without hiding and above all to be reciprocated with the same intensity.

Remembered when she decided to quit her job to pursue her true love, writing; she had money saved from posting on the old gossip website she ran, and the rest had been easy. It was time to think about her, about what she wanted and to take risks.

The car stopped in front of a small house near the beach, she took her luggage and approached the door even more nervous than on the plane. She took a deep breath as she rang the bell, she heard footsteps and a male voice that warned that someone was home and when the door opened a surprised face greeted her.

"Hello. "

It was all she could say when she saw him, then saw the most beautiful smile she had ever seen on his face. Without saying a word, he simply grabbed her around the waist to hug her tightly as he lifted her off the floor and buried his face in her neck.

"Colin! "

"Tell me I'm not dreaming, tell me you're really here," he murmured in her ear.

Tears began to flow from Penelope's eyes as she felt Colin's emotion at seeing her there and she reciprocated his hug tightly as she wrapped her legs around his waist.

"It's me, I couldn't be away from you any longer," she said as his tears began to mix with hers.

"How long?" was all he could say when he finally looked at her face.

"As long as you want" she blushed "I decided to do something for myself, I quit my job and I'm going to dedicate myself to writing, I can do it anywhere and I have some savings, you had told me that you wanted us to travel together, so I hope not to be impertinent, I..."

She couldn't continue her chatter because his lips kissed her and she melted into the kiss, stopping her thoughts .

"Forever," Colin whispered against her lips, "I'll never let you go."

And they kissed again while they couldn't stop smiling. They were each other's north, their home, the person they knew they would spend the rest of their lives with and at that moment their story together was just beginning.