Cloud Nine

AUTHORS NOTE: In the first prequel chapter, let's go back in time to Valerie's first year when she and Ethan prepare to take on Miami! Ethan, reluctant about spending a couple of days with his peppy intern; Valerie, excited to spend time with her arrogant and sarcastic boss she finds most intriguing... Both of them, undeniably drawn to each other.
This is 'Cloud Nine' and I hope you enjoy! :)

Valentine

If I had told myself a week ago that I'd be standing in my room looking through my wardrobe for outfits to take with me to Miami, I'd be surprised, yes- but the event in itself is still entirely within the realm of possibility.

However, if I told myself a week ago that I'd be going to Miami with Doctor Ramsey?

Well.

I would have thought I was going crazy.

I would suggest going and lying down, drinking two shots of straight whiskey perhaps. But i certainly would not have entertained the idea...and yet, right now as I live and breath, it is my reality.

My brow sat creased and my hands on my hips as I sighed and tilted my head, suddenly all the clothes I own had become unattractive to me the moment I opened the wardrobe doors . Nothing but an array of colours and materials falling from hangers and cascading from shelves- shoes lying in various states of disarray at the very bottom of it.

Suddenly, I didn't own anything that was intern doctor going to a conference in Miami appropriate, even though the shopping bill that I racked up before I came to Boston would suggest otherwise.

I rolled my eyes before stepping back a little, as if the new perspective would somehow lead me to find something suitable for my apparently particular taste... when thankfully, there was a knock at the door that pulled me away from the insistent thought.

My brow relaxed and I sighed softly "Come In!"

The door clicked open and sienna poked her head around the frame before stepping in with a smile "Hey. How's it going in here?"

I walked backwards before sitting on the edge of my bed "Terribly actually. I'm tempted to throw out my entire wardrobe."

she laughed "sadly we don't have enough time for that."

I groaned and lay back, placing my hands on my temples "Why is this so hard!"

"Because not everyone gets to go on a getaway to Miami with doctor Ethan Ramsey! I think anyone would be having a fashion crisis."

i smiled and rolled my eyes as i sat up on my elbows "Funny. Want to swap places?"

her eyes widened "Oh No, if it was me I'd be having much more than a fashion crisis!"